Tuesday, December 27, 2016

Facebook: Section 36 Feeling Social

I’ve probably mentioned this before. OK. I know I’ve mentioned it before. But, I thought the end of the year would be a fun time to explore the different ways you can interact with Section 36 throughout the world of social media. After all, the world of Section 36 extends beyond this here blog, and I’m sure you don’t want to miss any of it.

Today, I thought I’d discuss Facebook. I’m sure you’re all aware that Section 36 has its very own Facebook Page

Why would you want to “like” it?

Well, it brings everything that is great about the blog and deposits it right onto your timeline. And, it brings a little more as well!

I always share a link to a new blog post on Facebook. So, you’ll get first notice of anything going on with the blog. Sometimes other pages talk about Section 36, and I’ll share those to the page as well.

But, beyond that, the meat of the Facebook page is the pictures! As you know, I love pictures. There are pages on the blog displaying wonderful pictures people have submitted. I also share all of those on the Facebook page as well. But, there’s more! 

Generally, I only post one picture from each group of pictures submitted on the blog. So, if a person sends in 15 pictures from their visit to Section 36 (which has happened) I don’t put them all on the blog. That saves you from scrolling down a long roll of pictures. But, the Facebok page doesn’t have that problem. So, I’ll post every (appropriate) picture submitted on the Facebook page at some point! I try to limit the number of pictures posted to one or two a day. So, there may be a backlog. But eventually you’ll be able to see them all. So, people who get the Section 36 page on their timeline will keep seeing great pictures above and beyond what you’ll see on the blog.

The Facebook page also provides another way for me to interact with readers. It’s wonderful to get feedback through likes, or shares, or comments, or messages. It’s an easy way for me to see what people like, and want to see more (or less) of.

Basically, it’s a lot of fun. Any chance to get everyone involved in Section 36 is a good idea to me. Hopefully you’ll agree.


And like Section 36 on Facebook now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What people are reading this week