Monday, September 1, 2014

From the Pedro Binder



2001 Fleer Focus

I like it.

Even after my scanner decided to have a mind of its own, I like it. It’s clean. It’s crisp. It doesn’t yell at you, it calls to you.

Sure, there are some things I don’t like. That god-forsaken gold foil shown up again. Seriously, who though this was a good idea? For every set?

The Fleer Focus logo is a bit more obvious that I’d like, but it’s not nearly as bad as many sets.

What do I like? I like how all the information I need is there. Name, team, position. And, it’s tucked away at the bottom so it doesn’t interfere too much with the picture. And, you know I’m a sucker for the player’s picture coming out into the border. I have no idea why, but I get a giddy when I see that. The only way Fleer could have improved that is if Pedro’s back foot was trimmed to the border. Then it would have looked like Pedro was stepping through the border as he pitched. But, I’ll take that I can get.

The picture itself is pretty standard Pedro fare. Mid-windup, ready to make another hitter wish he never stepped to the plate. On Pedro’s face, you can read his determination.


And, of course, his focus.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What people are reading this week