Tuesday, March 25, 2008

The Teammates - By David Halberstam

This is not a book about baseball. It’s a book of life, which just
happens to involve ballplayers. It explores relationships between friends, and how those relationships are formed and evolve. It shows how one life can affect so many others over time, and how so many others can affect it. This could have involved any four guys the author wanted, and still worked as well. The fact that they were baseball players was a happy addition.

This book was even better the second time I read it. As a fan, I knew many of the stories that were discussed, but they were written in a way that brought them to a whole new light. In the end, it made me wish I could have a relationship like these four teammates had. I can only hope that I will have friends like that when my time comes.

I’d give this book 3 bases.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What people are reading this week