Friday, January 12, 2018

Lauren Fohlin Visits Section 36!

Section 36 has another visitor! Lauren Fohlin is a singer, a choreographer, the current Miss Lake Sunapee Region, and (of
course) a Red Sox fan. After winning her crown just over a month ago, I hoped she'd be willing to visit with us to discuss those topics, and a few more. Luckily she agreed. I’m sure you’ll be glad she did.

So, let’s see what happens when Lauren Fohlin visits Section 36!

Why did you decide to compete for the Miss Lake Sunapee Region crown? 
I have been competing for a local title for the past two years. I have never won a crown until Miss Lake Sunapee Region and I don't think I could have received a title more fitting.

Is there a specific goal you'd like to accomplish during your time as Miss Sunapee Region? 
During my time as Miss Lake Sunapee Region I would like to continue pursuing my platform, "Keeping The Arts Alive: One Beat at a time".

What did you learn at previous pageants that will help you at the Miss New Hampshire competition? 
This is a tough one! Every pageant is a learning experience. You meet so many different people and each time each judge gets to know you and your story. The biggest thing that I can walk away with to prepare myself for Miss New Hampshire is to always stay true to myself. If it wasn't for that I wouldn't have my title today.

As a singer, which types of songs do you enjoy singing the most? 
I have been performing since I can remember. I started doing musical theatre in fifth grade, so I would have to say I love singing those show stopping numbers! 

Why did you choose your platform, “Keeping the Arts Alive: one beat at a time”? 
I chose my platform because I volunteered my time to choreograph Manchester Central High School's performance of "Godspell". All went well there and I came back for another year to choreograph "Fame". After Fame one of my students, Dustin Blake, passed away from a rare heart condition. He was one of a kind and extremely talented in his own ways. It's not about the affect us teachers have on students, it's about how the student affects us. So for him I will continue to keep the arts alive.

As a choreographer, how does it feel to see something you planned performed perfectly on stage? 
There is no word to describe it. The process of choreographing a single piece starts with myself in my living room creating a whole number for 30+ students. Not everyone comes in with dance experience. Some of my students have none, but by the end of it all they are all dancers in my eyes. It's truly rewarding to see the outcome. 

If you can’t be in Section 36, where do you (or would you) like to sit to watch the Red Sox? 
Any section would do for me! Even my TV screen is a win.

Who was your favorite Red Sox player growing up? Why? 
Although I have love for all of my Red Sox, David Ortiz is definitely my favorite. He's a three time World Series Champion with the most contagious smile. What's not to love?

What was your favorite memory from the 2017 Red Sox season? 
One of the most exciting aspects of the 2017 season was watching Chris Sale's pursuit of the single-season franchise record of 313 strikeouts. Impressive. 

————

I'm sure we all enjoyed watching that unfold!

As always, I want to give a huge thank you to Lauren for finding the time to visit with us. It's always so much fun, and it wouldn’t have happened without her! Another thank you to her for providing the  picture to go along with the interview. It really spruces up the post, don’t you think?

As Lauren continues her time as Miss Lake Sunapee Region, be sure to keep track of her on the official Miss Lake Sunapee Region Facebook and Instagram accounts! That way you won't miss a thing.

I also want to wish Lauren luck at the upcoming Miss New Hampshire competition. There will be quite a few members of the Section 36 family on stage with her this year. It would be so fantastic to have one of them bring home that crown!


Thanks again for the visit Lauren!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What people are reading this week