Friday, January 5, 2018

Karla Aponte Roque Visits Section 36!

Section 36 has another visitor! Karla Aponte Roque is a  talented singer, a Red Sox fan, and the current Miss Southington! Since I haven't have many visitors from Connecticut, I wanted to reach out to her and see if she'd visit with us to discuss those topics, and some more. I was thrilled when she agreed. I'm sure you'll enjoy it as well!

So, let's see what happens when Karla Aponte Roque visits Section 36!


How did you celebrate being crowned Miss Southington?
After being crowned Miss Southington I hugged my family and made plans for dinner! The Miss Southington pageant was a lot of fun but I was running on low fuel.

Is there a specific goal you’d like to accomplish during your time as Miss Southington?
I want to use my platform to not only encourage the youth of Southington but all those whom I come into contact with. My favorite part of being a part of the Miss America Organization is that I have the opportunity to come in to contact with children and I can be an example of what hard work and perseverance look like.  

What lessons did you learn at the Miss Southington competition that will help you when you compete for Miss Connecticut?
I learned the value of staying organized and prepared even when you think it is too much. I bought an extension cord and had all of my outfits lined up with their accessories. This type of organization proved to be effective and I will be even more organized for Miss Connecticut.      

What is your platform, and why is it important to you?
My platform is the American Heart Association and it is an organization near and dear to my heart. I have multiple family members who suffer from at least one type of cardiovascular disease and I have seen the way it changes your life. My goal is to raise awareness for the American Heart Association and teach children the way that they can make better choices when choosing what to snack on. The lessons that they learn when they are young will follow them into adulthood.

What is your talent, and how does it feel when you’re performing it on stage?
My talent is singing and it is such an incredible feeling being on stage performing. Our world is filled with so much noise but when I sing it feels like the world went silent and it is just me.   

As a big fan of superhero movies, which superhero do you feel is most like you?
Out of all of the superheroes that I love, I believe I am most like Captain America. He stands for truth, justice, and an underlying belief that freedom overrules blind loyalty. Our values correlate and we both have learned that in life we have to stand up for what we believe in.   

Who is your favorite current Red Sox player?
Currently, my favorite Red Sox player is Xander Bogaerts, The X-man. He is a very humble man who supports his community here in the U.S. and in Aruba.  

What is your favorite part about watching a game in Fenway Park?
I think anyone who has ever watched a game in Fenway Park can agree that there is something magical that occurs. For me, it is standing up to sing Sweet Caroline in the middle of the eighth inning.

What is your favorite memory from the 2017 Red Sox season?

I had the opportunity to go see batting practice and someone in my party got tossed a ball. But, my favorite part was going all the way up and sitting on the Green Monster for a bit.  

------

I think that would be one of my favorite parts as well. You get a great view of Section 36 from up there!

As always, I want to give a huge thank you to Karla for agreeing to visit with us. It's always such fun, and I'm glad to add another visitor from the Nutmeg State! Another thank you to her for providing the  pictures to go along with the interview. I absolutely love that carousel shot!

As Karla continues her time as Miss Southington, be sure to keep track of her on the official Miss Southington Facebook page! That way you won't miss a thing.

I also want to wish Karla luck at the upcoming Miss Connecticut competition. It would be so fantastic to have the first member of the Section 36 family bring home that crown!

Thanks again for the visit Karla!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What people are reading this week