Wednesday, January 24, 2018

36 Pack Wax Match: Pack 4

The Stage has been set. The Match is underway. Who will come out on top? There’s only one way to find out.

Keep going, and open that fourth pack!

As we dive into this pack, the 1988 set has tied the match thanks to its pack three victory. Let's go!

Hall of Famer +1

A strong start, with two Hall of Famers on one card! But, as I've decided, that only counts as one point. I always liked the SuperStar Specials cards that Fleer did. I'm not sure why I enjoyed them more than I do the current versions in Topps. Maybe they were newer to me back then?

+0
Another Trammell tries to sneak into the scoring column. But, I've again decided, no induction...no points. After all, it's my match so I get to make up the rules as we go along. 

Yankees -2
Unfortunately for 1988 that Trammell didn't count. Now this Yankees card dips the set into negative values for the pack with a total of -1. Can the 1990 set take advantage?

Yankees -2
 Well, geez. Not like that it can't. 1990 drops immediately into negative numbers with this Geren. Interesting picture on this card, since it looks posed but clearly isn't. 

Hall of Famer +1
That's more like it! A SuperStar Specials card gives the pack a much needed point. I'd have to agree, too, that these players are definitely "Human Dynamos". 

Hall of Famer +1
And there is it! This Player of the Decade card brings 1990 back to zero!

Amazing enough (or, pathetically enough?) That's enough for 1990 to take the pack!

It also gives 1990 a one-pack lead in the match! 

Box Bottom: 1988 +1 (1-0)
Pack 1: 1990 +6 (1-1)
Pack 2: 1990 +4 (2-1)
Pack 3: 1988 +3 (2-2)
Pack 4: 1990 +1 (3-2)

What will happen next time?

No comments:

Post a Comment

What people are reading this week