Tuesday, January 23, 2018

I Forgot My 10th Anniversary!

I know that I hardly ever remember to post on my blog's Anniversary. I don't know what it is, but with all the excitement of the new year, it always slips my mind. But this year, I really should have remembered. After all, this marks ten years of doing this here blog!

It all started with this very first post!

It's always so amazing to look back at that and think about how it all started. What was I getting myself into?

It's nice to see that I've stayed pretty true to those first ideas. I don't do true game recaps. I leave those to others. I only brings my thoughts and views on various topics whenever I get the chance.

It also always amazes me that I asked you to send in pictures! Who was I to ask you to do that? But, people have. Lots and lots of them. 

It's also amazing to think how much the blog has grown since then. It's added a Twitter account. And Facebook. Instagram. Even Snapchat.

But, that's not all.

It has expanded (ever so slightly) to other sports as well, with separate blogs about the Bruins, Celtics, and Patriots. There's even a blog, Twitter, and Facebook that groups all those together.

Of course, anyone who's paying attention knows that the biggest expansion lately has been into the Miss America organization. I have had the privilege of conducting interviews with more than 30 titleholders, covering seven (so far) states. I never dreamed that would happen, and couldn't be more excited about it. (It's only fitting that one reason I missed my actual anniversary on Sunday is because Sundays lately have had a visitor interview featured on the blog.) Those visitors have also expanded to have a blog, Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook account of their own.

The blog has discussed Red Sox cards as well. Which is why there's a whole "cardboard" section on the blogroll showing off all the wonderful card bloggers out there. I have really enjoyed all the blogger interaction with all the other card collectors.

But the focus has always (hopefully) remained on the Red Sox. I can't wait to see where their 2018 season leads me. And I can't wait to see how many of you follow me along the way.

For all of you who have played a part in the first ten years of this blog, I thank you. I couldn't have done it without you.

Here's to the next ten!

4 comments:

What people are reading this week