Wednesday, February 1, 2017

So Let It Be Written…

So let it be done.

That’s the plan, at least. 

It’s been an exciting couple months here at Section 36. You may have heard me mention at the end of 2016 that the blog was enjoying a pretty big month. I don’t know what happened, but in December 2016, the blog got more views than it had in any other month so far. By almost a factor of two! It was incredible. Then, in January, it kept that pace up. Once again, a new record was set. This time it was, in fact, double the views of any month other than last December. How exciting! People were seeing the blog in record numbers. 

Imagine if I actually wrote anything.

For some reason, the blog has been in a bit of a funk lately. Maybe it’s just the reality of a winter on a veteran team. Once the Sox added Chris Sale, it’s just a matter of coasting until Opening Day. That doesn’t really get the juices flowing. There are no positional battles to discuss. There are no huge question marks to dissect. It’s just waiting until the games start.

So, I decided to try and create some motivation for myself. It’s something Friend of the Blog Bernadette tried last year, and I copied. Setting a goal of writing one blog post every day for a month. See if getting myself to have to write will get me out of the funk.

So, naturally, I picked the shortest month.

Why am I telling you this? Because when it’s out there, it means I have to stick to it. If it was just a private goal, I could just let myself off the hook whenever I wanted. But, now that you all know about it, if I miss a day I expect to be ridiculed for it.

So, that’s the plan. To put out 28 posts in the next 28 days. (Well, 27 in 27 after this one.) Hopefully, for your sake, they will all be quality posts worth reading. Hopefully, for my sake, they remind me how much I enjoyed blogging and force me to find some creative angles to write about. Lessons I can learn, and put into use once the month is over.

Because, I’m not going to keep the post-a-day routine going after the month. I can’t do that. I don’t want to do that. But, I do want to force myself to look at things differently. To come up with more ideas. So that everyone wins. So that you enjoy coming to this blog.


And I can have another record-setting month.

2 comments:

  1. Best of luck with this goal. I'll be lucky if I post 10 times this month ;)

    ReplyDelete

What people are reading this week