Friday, April 24, 2020

Allie Gier Visits Section 36!

Photo by Josh Roesener
Section 36 has another visitor! Allie Gier is passionate about giving hope to people with depression and anxiety, a talented stage orator, and the current Miss Butler County. I was so excited she was willing to visit with us to discuss those topics, and a few more!

So, let's see what happens when Allie Gier visits Section 36!

How did you celebrate winning the Miss Butler County crown?
Since it was just my mom and I who drove up to Augusta we went to Walmart and bought a whole bunch of snacks and watched movies in the hotel all night! I wouldn’t trade that memory for the world!

What has surprised you the most about your time as Miss Butler County?
One thing that is really surprised me so far as Miss Butler County is the close knit community of Augusta! Every time I go, I feel so welcomed by everyone there!

Since this will be your first time competing for Miss Kansas after competing in the Teen program, what part of the competition are you most nervous about?
I think the most nerve-racking part is getting to be on stage with so many other amazing and talented women!

How did you select your social impact initiative, “Depression and Anxiety: There is Hope”? 
I chose my social impact initiative for two reasons. One is that I’ve been suffering from severe depression and anxiety for quite a few years. The second reason is because I lost a dear friend of mine freshman year to suicide, it was something that really impacted me and I decided I wanted to help make a change.

What goes into creating a great monologue to perform on stage?
Lots and lots of drafts! My monologue went through five or six different drafts before I was finally happy with the current piece!

If you could be a Disney character for a week, who would you choose? Why?
If I could be any Disney character for a week it would definitely be Rapunzel!! I adore her both with her long and short hair. She has such a kind and brave heart and she knows what she wants!

You were a member of the state champion DC Explosion softball team. What do you remember most from that season?
My summer ball team was state champion back in 2018. A really memorable moment from the season was the moment I stepped up to the plate. I grabbed my bat by the barrel, looked up at God and asked him for strength. The ball came in and I swung, smacking the ball between first and second baseman and past the right fielder. Two girls scored putting us ahead by one point. Switching and going out on the field (I was left fielder) was intense. But we got three outs as each girl came up to the plate. The moment we got the third out we all ran into the pictures circle and we all started crying. We were state champions! On top of that we beat our rival team! 

You were able to make an appearance at a Dodge City A’s collegiate baseball league game. What was that experience like?
I’ve been throwing pitches for the Dodge city A’s for four years as a DC explosion player, but let me tell ya, throwing a pitch in a crown and sash is a whole different ball game!

If you had an extra ticket to a Royals game, who would you bring with you? Why?
If I had an extra ticket to go see the Royals I would definitely take my dad! I’ve always grown up watching the Royals. I have a baseball that is signed by the team players when they won the World Series back in 1985! My father and I have always bonded over baseball and softball!

—-

That sounds like it would be a great time!


As usual, I want to thank Allie for visiting with us, and for sending along the wonderful pictures that accompany the interview. They make the post so much better.

As Allie continues her time as Miss Butler County, I encourage you to check out her official
 Instagram and Facebook Pages. It’s the best way to make sure you don’t miss out on anything she’ll have going on.


I also want to wish her the best of luck when she competes for the Miss Kansas title. It would be wonderful to have the first Section 36 visitor wear that crown!

Thanks again Allie, and good luck!

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

What people are reading this week