Tuesday, April 28, 2020

2020 Topps Opening Day Blaster!

The Easter Bunny was good to me this year, bringing plenty of card packs for me to open. I thought I'd share them with you because, well, what else am I going to write about?

We'll start with the newest box, the 2020 Topps Opening Day!



Not sure why these come in one of the big blasters. Was the single slot not wasteful enough? Too easy to display on shelves?


I mean, there are more packs than usual...bot not THAT many more. Even if you include the "red parallel" pack.


Speaking of which...always great when the special packs yield a Red Sox card. It will be interesting to see how Chavis does in his next season. Will he have a role? Will he break out? Will he be forgotten? Only time will tell.


Look, another Red Sox card in the very next pack! And, another player currently on the team. Bonus! Love the red jersey matching up with the red border.


No Red Sox card in the next pack. But, a guy the Sox beat on the way to one of their titles. That's pretty. Cool.


OK, this is pretty cool. I wonder if that chandelier looks as amazing in real life. Anyone know? Is it just out in the middle of the concourse?


Another Washington guy. A pretty generic insert, but at least it adds some variety to the pack.


I have to say, I enjoy the mascot inserts in this set. The idea was supposed to be that this would be a fun set...and the mascots certainly help that image.


The same goes for this insert set. I like the theme of showing spring training shots as a fun diversion from regular cards.


Another Red Sox player. The blue jersey doesn't work quite as well as the red one did.


This one's not quite as obviously spring...so a little less fun.


Another mascot!


Another National! What's with them all?


Did he catch it?


Another Red Sox! Unfortunately, the first "former" Red Sox.

As expected, a fun box to open. Imaginative inserts. Mascots. Exactly what you've come to expect from Opening Day.

How did your boxes turn out?

5 comments:

  1. Nice Koufax. I like that insert set a lot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like it when companies have a theme for their inserts, and stick with it. This is a good example of that.

      Delete
  2. Received my Topps Future Stars Subscription Box a few days ago, but haven't opened it up. I'm excited to open up the Opening Day blaster that's inside. It'll be the first 2020 packs I open this year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The red parallel works well with Chavis!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed! A red parallel Red Sox team set would be a good goal.

      Delete

What people are reading this week