Monday, November 18, 2019

2019 Topps Series 2 Blaster!

OK, so it's not quite a Topps Update box. But, it's a little bit newer than some others. Been meaning to post this one for a bit, so glad I'm finally getting the chance.

And hoping you still care...if you ever did.


Yup. It's actually a Series 2 box. Couple decent ballplayers on the cover.


Seven pacs, plus the one special patch card pack. Let's start with that one.


OK. So, decent player. But, is there anyone out there with an Honus Wagner player collection that this sort of card would appeal to? Especially since, as you may have noticed, this isn't a regular old patch card. This is a special foil numbered version. So, an Honus Wagner super-collector? Let's check out the back of this one.


 Yeah. Ok. 36/150. Maybe I can think of someone who might like that numbering.


Starting with the real packs, we get another middle infielder without much range these days. I wonder what kind of offer the Sox could make him so that he would retire. Some sort of personal services contract in order to get him out of the luxury tax calculation? Nice picture though. I wonder when they could have gotten that shot.


High fives. Low fives. Number five. I sense a theme in this pack.


Bregman must be looking for his sign before he takes his cuts.


This card is much better than the annoying Aaron Judge versions. Almost makes it worth going to Wal-Mart. I said "almost".


I like the "Franchise Feats" idea for a card set celebrating 150 years of baseball. Gives a decent excuse to add more star players into the set. I, of course, live the Benintendi card. That picture belongs in ever sports room in New England.


Not sure I need another Bob Feller reprint card. Let me rephrase that. I know I don't.


Nor do I particularly need a Rickey Henderson reprint/throwback. It's one thing to see new players on old designs. It's another to see them on designs we've already seen them on. Not sure I see the purpose. 

But, overall, a couple decent Red Sox cards in the box...including an insert. Not exactly something to write home about. But, it's not like it's a premium box. 

How did your boxes go?

No comments:

Post a Comment

What people are reading this week