Tuesday, November 26, 2019

1975 Topps Page by Page: Page 3 (19-27)


I'm sure that you all remember that I finally completed my 1975 Topps set. It was a journey that had stalled for a while (as I'm sure many set builds do) after the initial burst and getting most of the cards. But, I was glad to finally put that final card in the binder.

Now that it's done I thought it would be fun to look through the set and talk about it. Going page by page seemed like a good way to go about it. Hopefully you find it interesting to read what I have to say.

How about we continue with page 3?




Red Sox Cards on the Page: 0. Another shutout. But, as I've mentioned, there are only so many pages that can have a Red Sox card, right?

Cards that make the 1975 Topps set cool: That top row is straight fire. Koosman, who I only really knew as "the other guy on Ryan's rookie card". The Munson is just a great card. And, i can't say enough about the Fingers card, but I'll try...

My favorite card on the page: Rollie Fingers. One of the things I love about the set as a whole is the younger cards of Hall of Famers. Once again, Fingers to me is that old guy with the funny moustache. But, here is is in that great golden uniform in the prime of his career. It's like traveling back in time, and I love it,



What would your answers to those last two categories be?

1 comment:

  1. That top row is great, lots of star power. As a Mets fan Koosman was big to me growing up. On the sitcom Growing Pains, the main family was the Seavers, and their next-door neighbors were the Koosmans.

    ReplyDelete

What people are reading this week