Monday, August 7, 2017

The 30-Day Baseball Card Challenge: Day #17

Tony, the wonderful writer of the “Off Hiatus Baseball” blog, started a fun activity based off the “30-Day Music Challenge” that Twitter users were taking. The list of challenges looks like this:



Today, we’ll continue with Challenge #17: A card from the first set you put together hand collated.

So, when I made my Day 3 post, I decided that my first completed set was 1987 Topps, but that it might have been 1986 Topps. So, for this post, I'm going to hedge my bets a bit. I'm going to say that I first completed this set:


1986 Topps.

Of course, just to be annoying, I picked a card that looks nothing like the basic 1986 Topps. But, I like the look of this subset. Or special card. Ot whatever it it. I was a clouded look that Topps went back to on their leaders cards. On the one hand, it really doesn't have the feel of the rest of the set. But, on the other hand it adds some variety to a collection. I guess you can't have it both way.

In 1986, Evans was one of my favorite Red Sox players. Either him or Jim Rice. So, it was nice to be able to get the extra card of him in the set.

It made everything a little bit more fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What people are reading this week