Friday, May 19, 2017

Lyndsey Littlefield Visits Section 36!

Section 36 has another visitor! Lyndsey Littlefield is a dancer, Spartan race champion, Red Sox fan, and the current Miss South
Coast. She's busily preparing to compete for the Miss Massachusetts crown in a month or so. But, she was still willing to visit with us to discuss those topics, and a few more. I’m really glad she did.

So, let’s see what happens when Lyndsey Littlefield visits Section 36!

How did you celebrate being crowned Miss South Coast?
Being crowned Miss South Coast was surely an amazing night. After winning, on my drive home from the theater,  my celebration included eating a HUGE spaghetti dinner in preparation for the Spartan Sprint I was about to run in less than twelve hours. Needless to say, that weekend I earned my two most prized possessions. The ability to represent the South Coast, and the accomplishment of finishing a Spartan.

What lessons can you bring from the Miss South Coast competition to Miss Massachusetts?
Representing this diverse area, and having an amazing business manager, I have learned so much since being crowned, However, as a titleholder, and a potential Miss Massachusetts I feel it is most important to be prepared for anything.  You have to roll with the punches and make the appearance, fundraiser, or event an enjoyable experience for the attendees.

You’re a frequent competitor in Spartan Races, including at Fenway Park. What draws you to those races?
I love being motivated and enjoy pushing myself to new limits, physically and mentally. Signing up for a difficult physical endeavor like the Spartan Races, gave me a new sense of motivation at the gym. It changed the way I thought, it was no longer "ugh, I have to run", it was "Alright if I ran at a 7mph sprint today, I'll be able to conquer that course later". That sense of motivation and confidence helped me branch into other activities too. Specifically, the Fenway Sprint is my favorite! It is not often you hear that someone got to climb over an eight-foot wall at the concession stands, and do burpees in the locker room. It was like a unique (and sweaty) tour of Fenway.

You’ve been dancing for a long time. Does having that confidence in the talent portion help in other areas of the competition?
Absolutely. Being a dancer, I have performed on over hundreds of
stages across Massachusetts. Feeling comfortable onstage gives me the confidence to exceed in the other phases of competition as well as in everyday life. Like being confident in a class or a lab to ask questions, or work with new individuals on projects. I feel dancing is a unique avenue that helps an individual find a sense of self. This sense of confidence is why I volunteer at my platform of Girls Inc.  Experiencing and performing something you are passionate about, like dance, is the essential tool to tap, and build one's confidence!

How did you come up with your platform, Girls Inc?
At the age of thirteen, I was hired as a Semi-Professional ballet dancer. My dancing career was underway. Through my years as a dancer, I learned to fuel my body with the needed food and nutrients to be able to perform all the demanding hours spent in Pointe shoes. However, other company members did not seem as courteous to their bodies as athletes should be. Seeing this happen in action to the people I spent hours with dancing and stretching, made me think about our social standards, and how we portray women in society. I then decided I wanted to do more than just dance, but support and promote healthy lifestyles and body positivity. The next year I decided that alongside dance I need to
support and promote a healthy lifestyle and body positivity. Coming across the Girls Inc.’s motto “Be Strong, Be Smart, and Be Bold”, I immediately fell in love with the program and all of its features. Not only did Girls Inc. believe in the same body positive society as I did, but Girls Inc. goes above and beyond in ensuring that girls in their after-school program are learning life skills and leadership through confidence building activities.

What has it been like to watch Chris Sale pitch this season? 
Exciting, He is the Big Papi in training. Despite his need of support in runs, I think he will be awarded, and deserves the Cy Young Award. 

Other than Section 36, where would you like to try sitting to watch a game at Fenway Park?
On the fair side of the pesky pole, lots of opportunities to catch a Red Sox home run!

Which young Red Sox star are you most excited about?
Benintendi, looking at him you see a prospect with a very high ceiling. Big things are coming his way! He’s a rookie hitting in the clean-up spot, which is rare!

As we go through the first Red Sox season in a long time without David Ortiz, what is your favorite Ortiz memory?
Last year, David Ortiz met one of his huge fans Maverick, a six-year-old boy who aspired to be Ortiz. Ortiz not only mentored the young boy, becoming best friends, Ortiz brought the boy to practice and one game. Where he promised and delivered Maverick that he would hit a homer against the Yankees, of which he did in the most intense eighth inning that I’ve witnessed.

How will the Red Sox finish the 2017 season?

As American League Champions and winners of our ninth World Series

----

I'll have to agree. If I ever do a Spartan race, Fenway would be the perfect place to give it a try!

As usual, I want to give huge thanks to Lyndsey for doing this interview. I neverget tired of these visits, they're just so much fun. I also want to thank her for providing the pictures to go along with the interview. They were a great addition, and really worked well with her answers.

As Lyndsey continues her time as Miss South Coast, I encourage you to follow her on the official Facebook page. 

And, of course, I want to wish Lyndsey luck in the end of June as she competes for the Miss Massachusetts crown. How amazing would it be for another Section 36 visitor to claim that title?

Thanks again Lyndsey, and good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What people are reading this week