Wednesday, January 21, 2015

seven. Seven. SEVEN. SEVEN!

Seven.

Can you believe it?

Today marks the seventh anniversary of the start of this here blog. What a ride it has been. I’m sure you’ve all heard the story. How I started this blog directly because of a blank space in my custom scorecard. I figured it would be a fun way to spend some time.

If I only knew.

Along the way, there are several cool things that have happened.

People have been reading my posts. Who would have thunk it? But, every time I check the hits, there are more than there were before. How fantastic.

More than that, people are following the blog other places. I keep gaining Twitter followers. (Another one today, in fact.) I keep getting facebook likes. (Actually, another one of those today too.) People are following the Instagram account. (Yup. Added another one of those today too.) They can’t seem to get enough.

I’m also excited to be a part of the BYBHub. It’s a great listing of baseball bloggers all in one place. How’s that for having “made” it?

I also like the people I've "met" thought the blog. Whether it's people that I talk to on twitter, or through the comments. Or, especially the card collectors who have become trading partners. The community of fans and collectors is great to be a part of.

But, the coolest thing? It’s always the pictures. The fact that people are taking the time to send me pictures is always humbling. Would you believe that nearly 90 different people have sent in pictures so far? Whether they’re pictures of themselves enjoying Section 36, or posing with Section 36, or wishing they were in Section 36. Or pictures they took from Section 36, or of Section 36. People have been sending them in so that we all can enjoy them. I know that I have loved seeing them, and they sure do spruce up the facebook page. Don’t you agree?

Hopefully all of you have been enjoying all of this as well. Hopefully all the likes and the follows mean that not only do you enjoy seeing the pictures and the tweets, but that you enjoy reading the posts as well. Hopefully the reason you’re liking and following is that you want to know as soon as you can when another great post is published.

After all, that’s kind of the whole point. Hope you’ve enjoyed the last seven years as much as I have.

Hope you enjoy the next seven even more.

3 comments:

What people are reading this week