Friday, March 9, 2012

TTM Attempts

I don’t know what happened to me this year. Spring Training snuck up on me a little bit. Usually I’ll have a stack of TTM requests ready to go when pitchers and catchers report. Not so this year. I finally was able to get out my only two requests of the spring this week. We’ll have to see how it goes.

Ironically, I sent them out to a pitcher and a catcher. Jon Lester, and Jarrod Saltalamacchia. The Lester request should be obvious. He’s one of the studs of the Red Sox staff. I think I’m also hoping that he’s in enough of a damage control mindset that he’s extra willing to sign cards.

Saltalamacchia was a two-fold reasoning. First, I really want to see how he fits his name on a card. Second, I expect big things from him this year. He has plenty of talent. Plus, with Tek gone, it’s officially his team. No more looking over the shoulder wondering how Tek would handle a situation. It’s his game, and his staff. This should be fun.

Hopefully I’m successful on my requests. Of course, I’ll keep you posted if anything comes though.

Assuming, of course, you care.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What people are reading this week