Friday, August 14, 2009

One last Attempt

If at first you don’t succeed, give up. No use being a darn fool about it. At least that’s what Homer Simpson once said. I’m just not listening though. I’m giving one last attempt at getting autographs through the mail. I’ve picked two more former Red Sox players for my last try of the season. Which two, you may ask?

My first shot will be to Johnny Damon. Yes, I know what you’re thinking. He’s with that New York team now. But, he was also a World Champion with the Sox. Plus, if I remember, he was a pretty darn good player when he was in Boston. So, asking for his autograph isn’t exactly a stretch. Plus, the card I have for him is just begging for a signature. Where’s the harm?

The other player I’m trying is Andre Dawson. He’s obviously a great player. His best years came well before he joined the Sox, but he’s still got the stats to warrant attention. He’s also a great reminder of the types of teams the Red Sox used to have. The aging veterans were once a Red Sox staple. Now that the organization has moved on, it’s noce to remember the past.

As always, I’ll let you know if anything works out. One of these days, I have top be able to say something good.

Right?

No comments:

Post a Comment

What people are reading this week