Monday, August 3, 2020

2019 Topps Chrome Update Blaster!

You may remember that the Easter Bunny was good to me this year, bringing plenty of card packs for me to open. I thought I'd continue to share them with you because, well, even with the season underway there doesn't seem like theres other stuff I should write about.

We'll continue with the next box, the 2019 Topps Chrome Update!


Once again, excited the Easter Bunny was able to find older wax to open. I'm sure you've all seen plenty of this set by now. But, you can always skip over this. Right?

So...



This is what the box looks like. Looks like I'm hoping to get one of those six guys in the packs.


The packs themselves...same six guys. But they're in a different order. Why did Topps do that? Why come up with a second layout, but use the same players? Seems like a waste of time and effort to me.


He's not one of the six guys. But, he's an all-star. So, I'll take him. Or trade him. Or sell him. Whatever.


He's not one of the six guys either. Although, he really should be. This card always annoys me because the big blue advertisement in the back always makes me think I've pulled a blue parallel of some sort. Alas, it's just free ad space for Oxi-Clean.


Yay! One of the six guys I'm looking for! He's actually front and center on both the box and the packs. That must mean something, right?


He's not on the box either. But, it's a RC of a former Red Sox first round pick. That's definitely something to add to the collection.

How did your boxes go?

2 comments:

  1. Didn't buy any boxes. Couldn't find any. But I did buy a complete set.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the Chavis. It's time for him to produce though. Can't be a prospect forever.

    ReplyDelete

What people are reading this week