Friday, August 14, 2020

Bre Valdez Visits Section 36!

Section 36 has another visitor! Bre Valdez is passionate about the power

of music, a talented singer, and Miss Grand Isle 2021. I was so excited that she wanted to visit with us to discuss those topics, and a few more!

So, let's see what happens when Bre Valdez Visits Section 36! 

What made you want to participate in the Miss VT preliminary program as Miss Grand Isle?

I have always felt passionate about movements that seek to empower women and give back to local communities, and that’s exactly what attracted me to the Miss America Organization. In the past I was a Girl Scout, and I am also a current alumni member of the Sigma Alpha Iota international music fraternity for women. "SAI" contributes to numerous charitable causes, furthering the development of music in America and throughout the world. So, naturally, when I heard about the preliminary candidate program, I was ecstatic. 

 

Do you have a specific goal you’d like to accomplish during your time as Miss Grand Isle?

Absolutely! Being both a music major in undergrad and a recording artist, I have always been a fierce advocate for the importance of music education. Unfortunately, it is often sorely overlooked, especially in rural public schools when it comes to budgeting time. Music has changed my life, and I have seen firsthand the good that it does in the lives of others. One of my favorite quotes from the artist Jewel is, “Some people think music education is a privilege, but I think it is essential to being human.” I couldn’t agree with her more. It is my hope as Miss Grand Isle to bring greater awareness to the need for well-funded and easily accessible music programs, as well as raise money for the cause through the non-profit I founded: Take Note.

 

What can you tell me about your social impact initiative, “Take Note”?

The goals of the Take Note Scholarship Fund are three fold:


1. To create a scholarship fund in which any Vermont youth aged 12-18 can apply for to go towards private music instruction. 


2. To create a fund that will be used to bring various musicians to Vermont schools to give free performances, seminars and masterclasses. 


3. Encourage an open dialogue between students, their families, and school administrations about the importance of maintaining well funded music programs and their positive impact in the lives of students. 


It is necessary, now more than ever in today’s climate, to preach the healing powers that music possesses. It brings people together regardless of age, race, gender, social, political, and economic status. It has been used both in celebration and in protest, and is a driving force for change, carrying countless voices and important movements throughout the country and the world. So, it is imperative that the younger generations have access to it. 

 

As a talented singer, what do you enjoy most about performing on stage?

First of all, thank you for the generous compliment! I think what I enjoy most about

performing is leaving a lasting impact on an audience. If the energy that I’m projecting on stage can be seen when I’m looking out at faces in a crowd, then I’ve done my job as an artist. I believe we all take “a little something” with us when we leave a concert. I know I did when I saw my first opera live. It impacted me on a deep, emotional level, and inspired me to pursue that level of artistry. 

 

I really enjoyed your recent single “Let Me Fall”, released as Lupyn. What can you tell me about it?

I wrote “Let Me Fall” at about 3:00am one evening when I was having trouble sleeping. I usually take a lot of time when I write music, being really thoughtful about every line and every note, but this one came to me like I had known it my whole life. It talks about my personal feelings about relationships, and how it feels to truly allow yourself to fall in love with someone. It is near and dear to my heart, and shares intimate details about my own personal monologue. 

 

Do you see more releases coming in the future?

Yes! My management and I have some very exciting projects underway. Currently I have been working with two members of the multi-platinum selling rock band Hinder (Cody Hanson and Marshal Dutton) on developing an all-new album. On September 1st I will be releasing a single from said album called “Toxic Love.” That single will be my most emotionally charged yet. It tackles the very personal topic of the toxic relationship I had with my own mother growing up, who struggled with untreated Bipolar Disorder and who was an addict. It will also include my second music video to be released ever, following my debut single “Fantasy.”

 

What are your immediate career goals?

After I finish my undergraduate degree at The Crane School of Music at SUNY Potsdam, it is my goal to attend graduate school to further my study of opera. I also plan on continuing to expand my mainstream music career, co-existing alongside my classical education. The ultimate goal is to become an established opera performer, a well-known recording artist, and to continue to be an outspoken advocate for the performing arts. 

 

If you had an extra ticket to a Red Sox game, who would you take with you? Why?

I would 100% take my great-uncle Fred! He is a Red Sox fan to the grave, and my family that lives in Massachusetts never misses a game, and I mean never. It’s like a religion. I know that he would get such a kick from seeing them play up close and personal. It would likely make his year, and that is why he would absolutely be my first choice. 

 

Is there a feature or activity at Fenway Park that you’d especially like to experience?

Oh my goodness, I have heard so much about the stadium food they have at Fenway! I’ve seen so many of my friends post pictures of blooming onions that I’m just about ready to walk to Boston if I have to, as soon as everything with Covid-19 settles!


---


The food is definitely amazing!


As always, I want to thank Bre for visiting with us, and for sending along the wonderful pictures to go with the interview.


As you attempt to keep up with everything Bre has going on, especially her music, I encourage you to check out her official website, Facebook, and Instagram account. It's a great way to keep track! 


You should also be sure to check out the website and Facebook account for her social impact, Take Note.


I also want to wish Bre luck when she competes for the title of Miss Vermont. It would be wonderful to have another visitor wear that crown.


Thanks again Bre, and good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What people are reading this week