Wednesday, August 5, 2020

1975 Topps Page by Page: Page 25 (217-225)

I'm sure that you all remember that I finally completed my 1975 Topps set. 

Now that it's done I thought it would be fun to look through the set and talk about it. Going page by page seemed like a good way to go about it. Hopefully you find it interesting to read what I have to say.

How about we continue with page 25?




Red Sox Cards on the Page:  0. Shutout once again.

Cards that make the 1975 Topps set cool: Managers as players are cool. Even Yankees players and managers. Cards of young Hall of Famers are cool. Don Sutton fits that bill. Rookie cards of Hall of Famers are especially cool. Robin Yount definitely qualifies.

My favorite card on the page: Definitely the Yount. One of the most appealing aspects of collecting the set in the first place was that at the time there were only the two key rookie cards...and neither one was the "break the bank" variety. There were no Aaron or Mantle level rookies. While it was reasonably affordable, the Yount definitely makes the set much better in my eyes.

What would your answers to those last two categories be?

2 comments:

  1. Yount definitely the coolest card on the page. Back in '75 I owned this card, I may even have pulled it. But I don't remember what happened to it and it's one of the biggest mysteries in my collecting career. I had to buy it again about 15 years ago.

    My favorite, though, is the Sutton card, last of his pre-perm days!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yount is the obvious choice here, but I love that background on the Grich card!

    ReplyDelete

What people are reading this week