Friday, August 7, 2020

Stephanie Magee visits Section 36!

Section 36 has another visitor! Stephanie Magee is passionate

about helping the arts, a talented cellist, and Miss Meadowlark 2019. I was so excited that she wanted to visit with us to discuss those topics, and a few more! I’m just as excited that she is the first visitor from the state of Oregon!


So, let's see what happens when Stephanie Magee visits Section 36!


How did you celebrate winning the Miss Meadowlark crown?

My family and I have a tradition of going to our favorite late night diner for stuffed hash browns and strawberry waffles.


What surprised you the most about your time as Miss Meadowlark?

How different my experience at state would be. Because I was on my own, without a local board, I had more time for myself and time to get to know more of the other candidates.


You finished in the top five at this year’s Miss Oregon competition. What do you remember most from that experience?

I remember feeling very calm due to the fact that I felt surrounded by my friends. I felt supported and proud of my performance, I was proud to be myself.


How did you select your social impact initiative, “Art at the Heart”?

I grew up being told that the arts were trivial and more of a hobby however, art class was why I went to class. I knew others had to feel the same way so I chose to advocate for myself and students everywhere.


As a talented cellist, what do you enjoy most about performing on stage?

I enjoy being able to show people how groovy the cello is. I

play an electric cello, her name is Roxanne, as well as acoustic named Templeton. Whenever I show up with my electric, I immediately get questions and comments of excitement. It makes me proud to play such a classical instrument in a modern way. 


What is your personal fitness routine?

Yoga


I
f you could be a Disney character for a week, who would you choose? Why?

I would be the genie from Aladdin, I think it'd be a hoot to grant wishes. Not forever, just a week. 


How difficult is it to follow the Red Sox from the other side of the country?

Thankfully there are several ways to watch the games with a subscription. I do miss going to games in person when I lived on the east coast. I plan to move to Europe someday and I recently found out I'll have to wake up at 4 am to watch live games...


Is there a feature or activity at a baseball game that you’d especially like to experience?

Throwing the first pitch at Fenway Park would be my dream come true. Sitting behind the Green Monster would be a close second.


—-


I’ve always wanted to do those things too!


As always, I want to thank Stephanie for visiting with us, and for sending along the wonderful pictures to go with the interview.


As you attempt to keep up with everything Stephanie has going on, I encourage you to check out her official Instagram account. It's a great way to keep track! 


You should also be sure to check out the website and Instagram account for her social impact, Art at the Heart.


Thanks again Stephanie!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What people are reading this week