Thursday, December 31, 2015

2015 Blog Highlights


Oh, I know. Nothing on earth grabs interest like a yearly recap post. What an original idea! I'm pretty sure I'm the only blog doing one at the moment.

Hey, wake up!

But I decided that I should really look back and reflect on the year this here blog had. I'm very excited by this year. I think the blog was able to grow and expand in some pretty cool ways. Plus, apparently, people are reading! Especially the posts I'm talking about below. As a way to celebrate this great year, I wanted to check out the most popular posts of the year! (or, at least the most popular posts published in 2015.)

In August, I posted about my trip to the Hall of Fame in Cooperstown, NY in the post titled "Visiting Cooperstown." (Clever, aren't I?) Apparently people enjoyed seeing what I thought of the place, and some of my favorite sights. Were you one of them?

The post introducing the blog's Snapchat account was also very popular. Check it out by reading "Submitting Pictures is Now a Snap!" It discusses why there blog has a Snapchat account, and how I hope to use it. Have you become the blog's friend yet?

It appears that lots of people wondered, like I did, "Did the Real Jackie Bradley Jr Finally Stand Up?" At the time, Jackie Bradley had started hitting like we hoped he would. I wondered...and still do...if this was the player who was here to stay. What do you think?

After the Red Sox went crazy and signed David Price, I wrote that "I Don't Think the Sox have Changed Their Philosophy." People were all wondering what happened to a team that passed on Jon Lester to go all Yankees and get Price. Nothing happened, as I discussed. It's the same plan as always.

One of my favorite posts was "Miss Vermont Visits Section 36!" Alayna Westcom, Miss Vermont 2015, was nice enough to agree to an interview for the blog. She discussed the Red Sox, her time as Miss Vermont, and her plans for the future. She even sent along some great pictures of her with Section 36. I couldn't have been happier with the visit!

I couldn't be happier that the most popular post of the year was "Miss Massachusetts Visits Section 36!" When Miss Massachusetts 2014, Lauren Kuhn, agreed to be the very first visitor to Section 36, I was thrilled. But, I never guessed how much fun it would be, or that it would open the door to more visitors, like Alayna. I hope you enjoyed reading the post as much as I enjoyed doing it!

So, there you have it. The most popular posts of 2015!

Was your favorite on the list?

No comments:

Post a Comment

What people are reading this week