Tuesday, June 30, 2020

1975 Topps Page by Page: Page 23 (199-207)

I'm sure that you all remember that I finally completed my 1975 Topps set. 

Now that it's done I thought it would be fun to look through the set and talk about it. Going page by page seemed like a good way to go about it. Hopefully you find it interesting to read what I have to say.

How about we continue with page 23?




Red Sox Cards on the Page:  1. Always nice to be reminded of Yaz's 1967 season!

Cards that make the 1975 Topps set cool: As I mentioned last time, while these cards aren't exactly "vintage hall of famers", they're definitely a cool subset. Something Topps should really replicate one of these days. 

My favorite card on the page: I think I'd have to stick with the Yaz-Cepeda card. But I really appreciate the Robinson-Clemente one as well. Interesting to note the variety with these cards. Robinson is the only person who appears twice...and it's once in each league.


What would your answers to those last two categories be?

3 comments:

  1. Well, the obvious place to replicate it is 2024 Heritage. It won't quite be 25 years of Heritage since there was no Heritage equivalent of 1951 Topps, but hopefully they'll make it work. It would be nice if they did two variations: one showing the Heritage cards of the MVPs from that year, and the other showing the flagship card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the first Mantle I owned was either the 1982 Kmart card of that 1975 MVP card with him and Wills.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Coolest card is that '62 MVP one with the fake '62 Wills. It's also the most annoying card as it's always a toughie to get.

    My favorite is the '67 card just because I pulled it very early in my first year of collecting and I thought the Yaz and Cepeda card were way cool. I think this is where my fondness for the '67 set started.

    ReplyDelete

What people are reading this week