Monday, October 8, 2018

Christiana Berenguer - Live at Fenway

I'm sure you remember my post about a new in-game entertainment option at Fenway Park. At a recent game, I was
surprised and delighted to notice Christiana Berenguer live on the field singing between innings. (Check out "I Was Entertained") I hadn't noticed anyone singing on the field before, and wondered how it came to be. I reached out to Christiana and was thrilled that she was willing to share her experience with us. Here's how it all went down, in her words.


So I have always really wanted to sing at a stadium because it’s an easy way to get in front of such a big audience, and Fenway Park is legendary so that was a dream in itself. I saw a posting on the Berklee hub (an email every Monday about opportunities around Boston) and I just applied. 

Dan Lyons and the rest of the team had me come in for an interview and they said I was one of the 8 people chosen and to send them clips of me singing some of my favorite crowd pleaser songs that
everyone would know. So I sent a couple and they liked “Walking on Sunshine” the most. I was super excited because me, my mom and uncle surprised my dad with tickets for him and my mom to come to the game since I got four free tickets. My dad is a HUGE baseball fan and was living his dream. 

So the day before the show I went to soundcheck and was on the field ready to go and there were some delays due to meetings with the Yankees and Red Sox and so they asked me to soundcheck the day of the game at noon. However, it was POURING that day and long story short they ended up canceling  me singing because I didn’t get to do a soundcheck before the doors opened. I tried every loophole possible and Dan even tried to get me to sing at the game
on Sunday but nothing worked out. We still got to go to the Yankees Red Sox game and my dad got to live out his dream so I’m happy about that. 

Fast forward to the day they reschedule me for the Astros and Red
Sox game and I was super excited. I did soundcheck, and then me
and a group of friends went to the game. I remember being SUPER
nervous because I couldn’t hear myself singing so I wouldn’t know
what I sounded like, but I was SO ready. I went out there and was just my quirky, awkward, bubbly self. The whole time I was just
reminded over and over about how much I want to tour stadiums one day and how much my music career means to me. Taylor Swift is a huge role model for me, and I long to perform in front of thousands of people five days a week. I’m super grateful for all the compliments and love that I received from singing at the Red Sox game. I’m really proud of myself and hope that they ask me to come back one day! Red Sox are the BEST team no matter what anyone says ;)







---

That's too bad that Christiana wasn't able to do it the first time against the Yankees. On the bright side, that allowed me to see her perform!

I want to thank Christiana for taking the time to tell us about her experience. It's always fun to learn what happens behind the scenes with activities like this. I definitely can't wait to hear her performing more shows in stadiums soon. If you'd like to find out more about her, and hear more of her music, check out her page on the Section 36 Music blog!

Thanks Christiana!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What people are reading this week