Wednesday, January 3, 2018

36 Pack Wax Match: Pack 1

The Stage has been set. The Match is ready to begin. Who will come out on top? There’s only one way to find out.

Open that first pack!

As we start, the 1988 Set has the lead, thanks to its play-in victory in the box bottom round.

Yankeees -2

I hadn’t considered what to do about the stickers. Would they count, or not? Then in my very first pack I get a Yankees sticker. I decided, what the hay, they’ll count. Or in this case, count negatively.

Red Sox +2

Back in the day, a Todd Benzinger RC would have been a nice pull.

Yankees -2
A card of Mattingly would also have been a nice pull for a kid in 1988.

That wraps up the 1988 pack, with a combined score of -2. That shouldn’t be too tough for 1990 to overcome.
Red Sox +2

1990 takes advantage of the opportunity with a great Red Sox pull.

Hall of Famer +1

The lead is extended with the match’s first Hall of Famer.

Hall of Famer +1

And the title is cemented by adding the second Hall of Famer in the pack.

The 1990 pack reaches a total of +4 to take the first pack match.

It also ties the overall score at one in this neck and neck battle.

Box Bottom: 1988 +1 (1-0)
Pack 1: 1990 +6 (1-1)


What will happen next time?

3 comments:

  1. Ah, such childhood memories! Think I have a pile of these cards somewhere in my parents' basement...if they're not mouse nesting material by now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I'm going to have fun watching this showdown.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I certainly hope you do! It was fun opening those first packs.

      Delete

What people are reading this week