Friday, April 1, 2016

No Fooling Around

Good friend of the blog, and One Busy Bee, Bernadette is in the midst of a challenge. She has set a goal to post something on her blog every day for 30 days.

I was intrigued.

Oh, I know. 30 posts in 30 days would be nothing for some of you. Some of you are used to posting every single day, if not more, and have been doing so for years. But, if you've been paying attention to this blog as much as I hope you have, then you know that's not the case here. I can usually make it every other day. Or close to that anyway. But, every single day has never been my main achievement.

Nor do I especially want it to be. The pressure to post something every day isn't something I want the blog to have. When it starts being that much like work, I can be sure that it's not something I'm going to continue with. I also don't want to be forcing myself to write something...anything...every day. I've always said I'd choose quality over quantity. I don't want that to change.

So, why am I intrigued?

Because I do think I've been in a bit of a rut. Maybe forcing myself to write something every day will get the energy going again. Get me to stop focusing so much on using social media to spread the word, and focus more on writing words to be spread. 

After all, I do think this could be a big year for this blog. I've got followers, and likes, and followers. I've done interviews, and interviews. I've got something started. I want to see what happens when I take it out for a spin.

So, since April brings the start of the baseball season, I figured it was a great time to try it out. Start the blogging season out with a bang, and write one post every day for the month of April. Along with just a general reinvigoration, maybe this will force me to come up with some new topics that can carry me beyond April. New features, or returning favorites. I'll be forced to explore different areas and methods. (Oh, I certainly welcome suggestions.)

And, now that I've told you all about it, I have to stick to it.

I'm excited.

Thanks Bernadette!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What people are reading this week