Friday, February 18, 2011

TTM Requests

Since it’s Spring Training time, it’s time to start begging. The first couple requests for TTM autographs have been sent out. This week I’ve sent out two envelopes. Who did I send them to? I’m glad you asked.

The first one went out to Jarrod Saltalamacchia. If there is one question mark with the 2011 Red Sox, it’s him. Can he hit? Can he catch? Can he throw? Can he handle a staff? Does it matter? What a better guy to try and add an autograph of.

The second attempt went to young Daniel Nava. Who could forget the way he burst onto the scene last season. The conversation piece alone is worth obtaining an autograph for.

So, wish me luck. Naturally, I’ll let you all know if I have any success. And, don’t worry. There will be plenty more requests sent out this spring. Although, if you’re actually worried about whether or not I send out more TTM requests, you may have some issues.

Happy Spring Training!

5 comments:

  1. I haven't sent any out yet. I need to find time to write up some letters this weekend. I'm concentrating on former Yankees as opposed to the current ones, save for Curtis Granderson and Mariano Rivera. I find that mos of the time, when a player leaves NY, they are more apt to signing then they were as a Yankee.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I may send to Nava as well. I watched that game and he knocked the crap out of Blanton's ball. First pitch in the majors, & a grand slam at that!! I'm also trying to figure out where to send to Jamie Moyer, since he's not active. Do you think he'd still be reachable through the Phillies?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would guess the Phillies would be a good bet. Is he a free agent, or is he still on the team rehabbing? Either way, that'd be a place to try unless he signs on somewhere else.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "I'm also trying to figure out where to send to Jamie Moyer,"

    Talk about procrastination!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know. You only had 100 years while he was playing to send him a note.

    ReplyDelete

What people are reading this week