Friday, June 12, 2020

Jozalene Molina Visits Section 36!

Section 36 has another visitor! Jozalene Molina is an 
advocate for women's heart health, a talented contortionist, and the current Miss Riverside City. I was glad she was interested in visiting with us to discuss those topics, and a few more!

So, let's see what happens when Jozalene Molina visits Section 36!

How did you celebrate winning the Miss Riverside City crown?
After winning Miss Riverside City I celebrated with my family members who came out to show support me. We celebrated by going to one of my favorite food restaurants which is IHOP!! 

What has surprised you the most about your time as Miss Riverside City?
With my time as Miss Riverside City I’m most surprised about how authentic the sisterhood is! With the #MissCaliforniaClassof2020 we all bond with each other and show support to one another. 

What did you learn about yourself at the Miss Riverside City competition that will help you at Miss California?
One thing I learned about myself while competing for the title of Miss Riverside City competition that would help me for Miss California would be that I feed off of crowd excitement/ cheering. This will help me for Miss California because it gives me more confidence as I walk across the stage.

How did you select your social impact initiative, “Women’s Heart Health”?
I knew I wanted my social impact to be Woman’s Heart Health when I found out I had a heart condition. With my heart condition, every so often I have to come home wearing a heart monitor and I felt so embarrassed. I came to realization that I’m not the only one with a heart condition and I wanted to spread the word to all the beautiful girls and woman to embrace yourself no matter of you have a heart condition or not. 

As a talented dancer and contortionist, what do you enjoy most about performing on stage?
As a dancer and contortionist I’m on stage about 3-4 times a week performing shows to elementary school students around the Inland Empire with a traveling performing team called Ambassadors! While being on stage, there’s so many parts I enjoy. When I perform I look in the audience and see people amazed or clapping with a big smile on their face . I personally love to share a story using my body as an instrument, but when a person in the audience comes up to me after I performed and say wow you truly touched me, thats when I know I did my job as a performer.

If you could be a Disney character for a week, who would you choose? Why?
Oh man that’s very hard to choose!! If I had to be a Disney character for one week, I would choose to be Boo from Monsters Inc!!! As a little girl I would watch Monsters Inc. non-stop on relay all the time. In fact, Boo was my first doll growing up! Growing up walking around with my Boo doll people would tell me I looked like her and I was in AWHH always wanted to be her. 

As a Dodgers fan, how excited were you when they traded for Mookie Betts?
As a Dodgers fan, I was really excited when they traded for Mookie Betts because I knew he would bring food to our team with being a right fielder for us.

Is there a feature or activity at a Dodgers game that you would especially like to experience?
At a Dodgers game I would love to experience being able to go down to the field and looking up into the stadium with thousand of people sitting in their seats. I also can’t forget to say an experience I would also love would to meet all the Dodger players!!! 


If you had an extra ticket to a Dodgers game, who would you bring with you? Why?
If I had an extra ticket to the Dodgers game, I would definitely take my little sister! Both my sister and I are Dodgers fans and I think it would be a good idea for both of us to get out and bond together over the fun drive over there as well as watching the game.

------

That definitely sounds like a good time.

As always, I want to thank Jozalene for visiting with us, and for sending along the wonderful picture.
As Jozalene continues her time as Miss Riverside City, I encourage you to check out her official Instagram and Facebook Page. It’s a great way to make sure you don’t miss out on anything she’ll have going on. 

I also want to wish her the best of luck whenever she competes for the Miss California title. It would be wonderful to have the first Section 36 visitor wear that crown!

Thanks again Jozalene, and good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What people are reading this week