Tuesday, June 2, 2020

1975 Topps Page by Page: Page 20 (172-180)

I'm sure that you all remember that I finally completed my 1975 Topps set. 

Now that it's done I thought it would be fun to look through the set and talk about it. Going page by page seemed like a good way to go about it. Hopefully you find it interesting to read what I have to say.

How about we continue with page 20?





Red Sox Cards on the Page:  1. One card, lots of Red Sox. The team card of the team that would go on to the 1975 World Series is pretty awesome.

Cards that make the 1975 Topps set cool: Participants in the 1975 World Series are cool. Cards of young Hall of Famers are cool. In this case, we have both on one card. Joe Morgan is listed on an All-Star in this card, but would go on to win the MVP in 1975 (and 1975). He would also drive in the winning run in the 1975 Series. As a Sox fan, that would be the worst thing he could do...until he took up broadcasting.

My favorite card on the page: I'll have to go with the Red Sox team card. But, that's actually a pretty sweet top row. The Sox team card, Captain America, and a great old rookie cup card. Hard to beat that.

What would your answers to those last two categories be?

No comments:

Post a Comment

What people are reading this week