Tuesday, June 16, 2020

1975 Topps Page by Page: Page 21 (181-189)

I'm sure that you all remember that I finally completed my 1975 Topps set. 

Now that it's done I thought it would be fun to look through the set and talk about it. Going page by page seemed like a good way to go about it. Hopefully you find it interesting to read what I have to say.

How about we continue with page 21?



Red Sox Cards on the Page:  0. Back to the depths of nothingness.

Cards that make the 1975 Topps set cool: Cards of managers as players are cool. While Mel Stottlemyre was a pitching coach, it's practically the same thing. Cards of young Hall of Famers are cool. While Lefty was about mid-career in 1975, the Steve Carlton card is certainly cool.

My favorite card on the page: It has to be the 1951 MVP's card. This is a subset that was the driving factor behind me completing the set. I know they're not "real" vintage cards, but it's fun to be able to add older cards of players like Yogi Berra and Roy Campanella. It has a different feel than adding one of their cards from a recent set.

What would your answers to those last two categories be?

2 comments:

  1. The coolest card on this page without a doubt is the Steve Carlton. If I saw this card somewhere in 1975 I would want it instantly. It has that look of the other cards I desperately wanted from that year -- Ralph Garr, Luis Tiant.

    My favorite card is a toss-up between the Willie Crawford and Mel Stottlemyre. That Stottlemyre was a force to be reckoned with on the playground in '75.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I *love* that the Don Hahn is actually in Mets colors!

    ReplyDelete

What people are reading this week