Tuesday, June 9, 2020

2019 Topps Heritage Blaster!

The Easter Bunny was good to me this year, bringing plenty of card packs for me to open. I thought I'd share them with you because, well, what else am I going to write about?

We'll continue with the next box, the 2019 Topps Heritage!


Yeah. I don't know where the Easter Bunny shops either. And, I'm sure you've all seen as much as you care to of this set by now. But, I mean....there aren't any games being played right now.

So...

I'm guessing you all remember what the box looks like.




And that you get eight packs in each box.




It's been so long without baseball that I actually forgot that these cards would be in this set. The 2018 championship seems so long ago. And, of course, this card is now particularly bittersweet. But, I still love adding it to the collection.




I will never not think it's weird that all the Red Sox cards a photographed in front of that hedge. Especially after getting two in one pack. Is that in a public location? Can I recreate a picture there of me?




Another pack. Another hedge shot. Another former Sox.




Is this the best Red Sox moment from a guy wearing #36 on his back? I'm open to hear other contenders.




I forget. Do these cards have a theme, other than one old player and one current player?




Two Sox, and not a hedge to be seen? I guess JD was late or something. Making the David Price card a World Series memory does not help my nostalgia. I miss him already.




There's that's much better! Back to the hedges. One of the biggest disappointments of the 2020 season is not being able to see Devers take another step towards stardom.




Ok. Another disappointment is cheating the Nationals and their fans out of a proper World Series Championship defense and celebration. I can't imagine if this had happened in 2005.


So, there you have it...the best cards from the blaster. They may not be new and fresh, but they're great additions to my collection!


Open any of these lately?

3 comments:

  1. I've wondered about the hedges myself. If I ever get to Jet Blue Park again, I want to bring a card and ask every groundskeeper I can to find this location!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Last time I was at Target (3 or 4 weeks ago), I saw blasters of Heritage, but I didn't buy any. Maybe if the go on clearance for $9.99 I'll go for it.

    ReplyDelete

What people are reading this week