Friday, December 14, 2018

Talia Laurito Visits Section 36!

Section 36 has another visitor! Talia Laurito is a wellness coach, a talented dancer, and a current member of the New England Patriots
Cheerleaders! She's also a...let's just say...fan of a team that's not the Red Sox. But, with recent events being what they are, I thought it would be fun to hear her views on this recent postseason. So, I'm excited that she was willing to take some time out of her schedule to talk with us about those topics, and a few more. I know you'll love reading what she had to say.

So, let’s see what happens when Talia Laurito visits Section 36!


What made you decide to try out to be a New England Patriots Cheerleader?
Photo by Dwight Darian
I’ve danced my whole life so this has always been something I thought about doing. I never really planned on auditioning because I was so busy dancing and choreographing but my good friend was trying out so I decided to give it a shot! I loved the idea of being able to perform again, that was something I was really missing.


How did you celebrate making the squad?
I celebrated with my family and close friends! Everyone was so excited for me it was very special!

This is your second season with the team. How has it been different than last year?
My first season with the pats was nothing short of amazing but I

will say being a 2nd year is definitely less stressful. You know what  to expect and you can just enjoy the whole experience a little bit more. Also you make so many friends on the team its always awesome coming back to them for year two!

You major in dance at Rhode Island College. What is your favorite part about performing?
I loved being able to study dance while in college. It gave me the opportunity to continue doing what loved which was performing, I just love being on stage, its my happy place. It took my mind off of the everyday college stress. Performing was always something I looked forward to.

You are also a certified Health and Wellness Coach. What do you like about that field?

I love helping people, that’s really why I got into the health and wellness field.  I’ve always been a dance teacher and I loved teaching young dancers and as I got older I wanted to be able to help adults too. I love helping my clients feel good about themselves and helping them build confidence and work through road blocks in their lives.

You recently partnered with fellow NEPC Isabella to offer a workout program starting in the new year. What can you tell me about that program?
We are so excited to launch our New You NOW program! Its an

online fitness and wellness program. Full video workouts created by Bella and I. Meal plan samples, grocery lists, advice and tips from us, and of course coaching and check-ins throughout the program!

How did the partnership with Isabella begin?
Bella and I have been friends since we made the team and we are both personal trainers so we thought a little collab would be perfect!

As a Yankees fan, did you watch any of the 2018 World Series?
I did watch bits and pieces of the World Series! I’m a huge sports fan and I enjoy watching the games. I was happy to see the Sox win even though I’m not a sox fan!

What do you remember about your first trip to Fenway Park?

I love Fenway! I lived In Boston for a few years and I always enjoyed going to baseball games at Fenway! I remember enjoying all the happy fans and exciting things happening . I also remember comparing it to Yankees Stadium. :)

Can the Yankees catch the Red Sox next season?
Don’t ever underestimate the Yanks!!!!



-----

I guess we'll have to see!

As always, I want to thank Talia for visiting with us. It was a lot of fun! I also want to thank her for letting me use the pictures along with the interview. They really spruce things up.

As a way to follow along with Talia, I suggest you visit her New England Patriots Cheerleaders bio page. It's full of great information and pictures. It's a fantastic way to follow her journey through the season, and hopefully the Super Bowl!

You should also absolutely try to take part in the January fitness program she's running! It looks like the perfect way to make sure that you keep that New Year's resolution this year. If you hurry, you might even be able to get the early bird pricing!


Thanks again for the visit Talia, and Go Pats!

1 comment:

What people are reading this week