Thursday, December 13, 2018

Yes, Governor

It’s always fun to add something new to a collection. Especially when it’s a fun unexpected collection. In my case, I almost accidentally started a political autographed baseball collection. I happened to have a baseball with me when I bumped into a governor one time, so had him sign that for me. It was actually pretty lucky since as a Red Sox collector, I have quite a few baseballs. So that fit right in. Later, I happened to be planning on being at an event where another governor would be. I thought it might be fun to have matching governor baseballs. So I brought one with me, and was lucky enough to have her sign it. After that, I’ve already told you how I got a baseball signed by the Democratic Caucus chair of the Kentucky House of Representatives. Now, here’s my latest addition.



A friend of mine was going to be at an event where NH governor Christopher Sununu (son of former governor and White House Chief of Staff John Sununu) would be. She was nice enough to get him to sign this ball for me. So that’s now three governor signed baseballs in my collection!

Unfortunately, he had some trouble signing it. Not sure if the problem was the pen, or the ball, or if he’s just not used to signing baseballs. But, the second half is a bit foggy. It’s not a big deal to me because I’m not exactly doing this for resale.

(Although, anyone know what the trouble could have been? It’s not an OML baseball. It’s just something from Target. But I looked for a ball with a leather cover. Figured that would be enough. Should I rub them down first?)

But however it looks, it’s a fun addition to a growing side collection of mine.

Wonder who I’ll be able to get next.

2 comments:

  1. Now you're obligated to get every future governor's autograph for the rest of your life :)

    ReplyDelete

What people are reading this week