Friday, February 9, 2018

Delaney Mastin Visits Section 36!

Section 36 has another visitor! Delaney Mastin is a dancer, a Red Sox fan, and the current Miss Portsmouth Area. I had been meaning
to ask her for a while if she’d be willing to visit with us to discuss those topics, and a few more. Thankfully she agreed! Hope you enjoy what she had to say!

So, let’s see what happens when Delaney Mastin visits Section 36!

How did you celebrate being crowned Miss Portsmouth Area?
My parents and I went to my favorite restaurant in Portsmouth – Street. They have a huge variety of global cuisines and the best curry cauliflower!

Which Disney character would you say is most like you?
Cinderella has always been my favorite princess. I live my life through her mantra: “have courage and be kind.”

You finished second runner up at last year’s Miss NH. What did you learn from that experience that will help you at this year’s Miss NH competition?
There will never be a point in time where growth and improvement is not pertinent. This year, I have challenged myself more than ever by finding ways every day to step beyond my level of comfort. Without risk, there is no reward. I cannot wait to compete again this year, unapologetically representing the best version of myself.

How did you select your platform, “Sexual Assault Education and Prevention”?
After coming to terms with a personal encounter of sexual assault, I knew it was time to step up to be the strong and resilient voice that so many others have lost. It has never been, and will never be, okay to make someone feel degraded or that they are of inferior worth. This fight will continue with a vengeance until there is no longer a need for preventative education, as education of sexual assault will be deeply ingrained into society.

Your competition talent is Lyrical dance. What is your favorite part about dancing on stage?
It allows me to let go of everything occupying my mind and express
myself through movement. The feeling of dancing on stage is like nothing else. I cherish each opportunity that I am able to share my love of dancing with others.

Who is your favorite current Red Sox player? Why?
Jackie Bradley Jr. is so agile and a phenomenal center fielder. Fifty-seven career home runs don’t hurt either!

If you can’t sit in Section 36, where would you like to sit to watch the Red Sox?
The Green Monster seats have always been my favorite! Especially when I can eat soft serve out of a baseball cap bowl.

What was your favorite memory from the 2017 Red Sox season?
Finally taking over the American League East division and the games they defeated the Yankees, of course!

——

Those are fantastic memories. Can’t wait to see them happen again in 2018!

As always, I want to thank Delaney for visiting. Every interview is different, and they are all so much fun. So, I’m flattered she agreed to spend the time. I also want to thank her for sending along the pictures that accompany the interview. They really show off who she is, and add a lot to the interview. 

As Delaney continues her time as Miss Portsmouth Area, I encourage you to follow her on the official Facebook page. 

And, of course, I want to wish Delaney luck this summer when she competes for the Miss New Hampshire crown. It seems like half the stage will be filled with former visitors to Section 36. How awesome would it be for one of them to come out on top?


Thanks again Delaney, and good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What people are reading this week