Friday, February 16, 2018

Ashley Marsh Visits Section 36!

Section 36 has another visitor! Ashley Marsh is a dancer, a Red Sox fan, and the current Miss Granite State! I was flattered when
she quickly agreed to visit with us to discuss those topics, and a few more. I hope you enjoy what she had to say as much as I did.

So, let’s see what happens when Ashley Marsh visits Section 36!

How did you celebrate winning the Miss Granite State Crown?
My birthday was actually two days before the pageant so in a way this was a great birthday present! So, from celebrating my birthday and my Miss Granite State win I went out to dinner with family and some of the other local titleholders after the pageant and then me and my mom celebrated the next day by going to see “Recycled Percussion” up in Plymouth! It was a great weekend full of fun activities!

Is there a specific goal you’d like to accomplish during your time as Miss Granite State?
A goal I would like to accomplish for my year as Miss Granite State would be to do as much volunteer and service work I can. I want to give back to my community even more than I did last year. Also, I want to give it my all and my best effort come Miss New Hampshire week and really lay all I have during every phase of competition.

What did you learn from your past pageant experiences that will help you at the next Miss New Hampshire Competition?
The biggest thing personally for me is to not dwell on the past pageants. Those are already behind me so I just need to move forward and focus on what is in front of me now and do the best I
possibly can with that and always grow!

How did you select your platform: “Kettlebells4Kids – Bringing the Power of Fitness to Homeless Children”?
I chose my platform because it was something that brought two things I love together: fitness and helping children. I found out about my platforms organization through doing CrossFit and when I first got into pageants this seemed like the perfect fit for platform for me.

What is your personal fitness routine?
My personal fitness routine is a CrossFit class every day! One thing I love about CrossFit is it is something different every day and you never know what to expect. I am more motivated to work out this way, I found myself bored just doing similar gym routines every day. Plus, with CrossFit it challenges me to push myself and it’s always a killer workout but I feel SO good afterwards!

Your talent is tap dance. What is your favorite part about dancing on stage?
Feeding off the crowd’s energy would have to be my favorite part! I love doing tap routines that are to an upbeat song that will make the crowd basically want to get up in dance in their seat so when I hear them clapping and cheering throughout my number, I feel like I really give it my all and wish I could stay on that stage forever! The crowd’s reaction after my preliminary Miss NH performance last year was one of the best feelings I have ever felt.

Who is your favorite current Red Sox player? Why?
My current favorite Red Sox player would have to be Mookie Betts! He is a really hard worker and not only is he good in the outfield he is also really good at bat. I think it’s really cool too how he has adjusted really well from being an infielder to now playing in the outfield. I also love that he is known for being a really good bowler (lol)!

If you can’t sit is Section 36, where do/would you like to sit to watch a Red Sox game?
Besides sitting in section 36 I would love to either watch a game from the “Green Monster” or right behind the Red Sox dugout!

What are you most excited about with the upcoming 2018 Red Sox season?
I am most excited to see how the new coach Alex Cora is going to be for the team. I think it will be a good change to have a hitting minded coach instead of a pitching minded coach. It could really spice up their offense a bit!!

——

Have to admit, I never considered that managerial change from a pitcher to a hitter. I hope that helps!

As always, I want to thank Ashley for doing this interview. She did a wonderful job. I also want to thank her for providing so many great pictures. They really make the interview much more enjoyable. Don’t you agree?

As Ashley continues her time as Miss Granite State, I encourage you to follow her on the official Facebook page. You should also follow her on Instagram from both the Miss Granite State account, as well as her personal account. That will make sure you don’t miss a thing!

And, of course, I want to wish Ashley luck this summer when she competes for the Miss New Hampshire crown. That competition is turning into an exclusive Section 36 event with all the former visitors that will be on stage. How awesome would it be for a Section 36 visitor to come out on top?


Thanks again Ashley, and good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What people are reading this week