Wednesday, January 4, 2012

I Like My Nachos Extra Cheesy

Not too long ago, I opened a pack of cards. Yeah, I know. Quite the news flash there. It had a card I thought I remembered seeing on a wantlist over at Nachos Grande. Upon checking, I found that I was correct. So, I packaged the card with a few more I found on wantlist and sent them off. In return, Chris was nice enough to send along a package of Red Sox cards to me. They were all most welcome. Let’s take a quick look at a sampling of the package.



For me, the highlight is the Josh Beckett. It came with a note letting me know that “I sparkle!” It is, of course, one of the gimmicky sparkle variations from 2011 Topps. I was thrilled to add it. To be honest, I had done a poor job with these variations. I had never even seen a photo of the Beckett card, and wasn’t even sure that he was the Red Sox representative. So, it was fantastic to have one in my hands.

The rest of the shipment was a smattering of Red Sox cards from Lineage, Allen & Ginter, and Heritage. The Tris Speaker was a great card too. I’m sill not sure I’m a fan of former players in a modern set. But, the Speaker was still welcomed. As I mentioned, I’ve become a bit of a fan of his since reading his wonderful biography not too long ago. Maybe I should start a PC of him. I bet it would be easy and cheap to complete!

So, a big thank you goes out to nachos Grande for the incredible package. I’ll certainly keep my eye on his wantlists in the future.

I Sparkle!

1 comment:

  1. Glad you liked 'em - and thanks for the cards you sent me. I think I have another Red Sox sparkly card somewhere...

    ReplyDelete

What people are reading this week