Saturday, October 2, 2010

Topps Mike Lowells

As with Upper Deck, Topps has many brands of cards to keep the variety flowing. Again, I’m showing two more cards, and Mike isn’t at the plate in either of them. Since Lowell’s first season with Boston was in 2006, Topps had to be quick and creative for his 2006 Topps cards. Hence the Spring Training garb. Lots of times topps would just airbrush a new uniform on. But, I doubt they’d bother airbrushing a Spring Training jacket, so I’m guessing this is the real thing. Since Mike was well know to be a throw in, or even anchor, to the deal to get Josh Beckett, I like seeing this picture. You know he’s at practice determined to show he can actually play. The Ticket to stardom card in a nice enough card. Topps went a little gimmicky with the whole “ticket” theme. But, again, I like the effort.




Happy Mike Lowell Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What people are reading this week