Friday, August 9, 2024

Stephanie Finoti Visits Section 36!

It's time for another
 visitor to Section 36! 
Stephanie Finoti is passionate about STEM, is a talented dancer, and is the current Miss Ohio. I was honored she wanted to visit with us to discuss those topics, and a few more. 

So, let's see what happens when Stephanie Finoti visits Section 36! 

How did you celebrate winning the Miss Ohio crown?

I celebrated my win by sleeping! I was incredibly sick during the competition and actually broke a fever the first night of prelims so some good rest was necessary for me to recover! Once I felt well-rested I was super excited to share the good news with my colleagues within my UPRISE internship at the University of Cincinnati, in which they surprised me with a pizza party and cupcakes to celebrate!


What part of the upcoming Miss America competition are you most nervous about?

I’m most nervous about creating my Miss America gown! There are so many beautiful gowns to choose from I can’t pick just one! However, I know the amazing team at our sponsor, Henri’s, will help me design the perfect gown that best represents my energy and personality on the Miss America stage!


Is there a specific goal you’d like to accomplish during your time as Miss Ohio?

Throughout my year as Miss Ohio, my goal is to make every person in the rooms I enter feel as if they have the potential to make a difference in the world regardless of their age, background, ethnicity, or gender. Whether it be in the STEM field or not, I hope to help students from marginalized communities across Ohio reach their untapped potential!


How did you select your community Service Initiative, “That STEM Girl”?

As a first generation American and first generation college student, I faced many barriers when trying to achieve a higher education, specifically in the STEM field. I figured that when I didn’t have the resources or mentors I needed in my community, it was up to me to learn the skills that would help me reach my goals. Through this I developed a tool box that included building a professional portfolio, learning how to gain mentors through networking, and writing award winning scholarship essays which helped me afford my college tuition and gain valuable experience in the healthcare field as a nurse assistant. I now teach these skills to students through my non-profit organization, That STEM Girl, to help bring resources, representation, and recruitment into low-income and marginalized communities. 


As a talented dancer, what do you enjoy most about performing on stage?

My favorite part of dancing on-stage is when I’m able to connect with the audience by telling a story with both my facial expressions and body language. 


You are studying to become a pediatrician. What drew you to that field?

My mom was a neonatal nurse in Brazil so I’ve always admired that field by hearing her miraculous stories. However, what truly drew me to pediatrics  how I am continuously inspired by the resilience of pediatric patients who demonstrate strength through the most serious diagnosis. They show me that there is always some good in even the worst situations and motivate me to have a positive outlook in life. 


What is your personal fitness routine?

I don’t have as much of a personal fitness routine, it’s more of a lifestyle. Every week looks different for me in regards of my schedule and availability to go to the gym and I have never been a fan of diet culture. Instead of having a set diet and routine, I like to think mindfully about what I’m eating in regards to what nutrients I’m fueling my body with and try to take a step towards my personal fitness each day. Sometimes that means going to the gym for 2 hours but sometimes it only means taking the stairs during my 12 hour shifts at the hospital. No matter how small the effort, it is still a great contribution to my overall healthy lifestyle! 


If you had an extra ticket to see the Reds play the Guardians, who would you take with you? Why?

I would take my 11 year old little brother, Sean, who is an athlete himself! He always supports my endeavors whether it’s watching a pageant or supporting me at my appearances so it would be nice to treat him to an event that piques his interests! 


Is there a feature or activity during a baseball game that you’d especially like to experience?

I have an upcoming appearance at a Reds game as the honorary captain, which I'm really looking forward to! With this role, I'll have the opportunity to talk to the players and coaches, and I'm eager to learn how they get into the right mindset before a game. I hope to gain some insights that will help me prepare for Miss America!


---

That definitely sounds like an incredible experience!

As always, I want to thank Stephanie for visiting with us, and for sending along the pictures to go with the interview.

I also want to wish her luck when she competes for Miss America! It would be amazing to have another Section 36 Forever wear that crown.

I'm sure you'd like to follow along with Stephanie during her journey. You should be sure to check out her title's Instagram account and website
They're great ways to keep track of everything she has going on, and you'll be sure not to miss anything. 

Thanks again Stephanie! And, good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What people are reading this week