Friday, July 19, 2024

Shailey Ringenbach Visits Section 36!

A new visitor to Section 36! 
Shailey Ringenbach is passionate about improving mental health, has a love of marketing, and is the current Miss Arizona. I was thrilled she was willing to visit with us to discuss those topics, and a few more. 

So, let's see what happens when Shailey Ringenbach visits Section 36! 

How did you celebrate winning the Miss Arizona crown?

Becoming Miss Arizona has been a dream of mine since I was 9 years old. I had countless supporters, family members, co-workers, and friends that came to watch me. We celebrated with some Papa John’s pizza and shared many fun stories from the week. 


What part of the upcoming Miss America competition are you most nervous about?

I am ecstatic to compete at Miss America with incredible women from all over our nation! If the competition is held in Florida like the previous year, I am most nervous for the humidity, LOL! My hair never holds well when it’s humid outside; hence why I love Arizona.


What is something Tiffany Ticlo did as Miss Arizona that you would like to emulate?

Tiffany represented the state of Arizona incredibly well and she truly inspired me to compete this year. I would love to emulate her genuine love for the organization and sisterhood as she held multiple events for the titleholders to bond throughout the year. Tiffany will always been one of my biggest inspirations.


How did you select your community Service Initiative, “Share the Love: Improving Mental Health Through Pet Therapy”?

My community service initiative is very near and dear to my heart because I have always battled with anxiety. When I received my dog, Sparkles, she absolutely changed my life and I wanted to use her to help others. This led to us getting Nationally Certified as a Pet Therapy Team through Pet Partners. For years, we have been volunteering at events in the community and we even volunteer our time at Banner Hospice. 1 in 4 Arizona residents are struggling with anxiety and research shows that a 12 minute visit with a dog, lowers blood pressure and decreases anxiety more than being with another person or alone. Pet therapy proves to be extremely healing and I strive to share that message everyday.


You are currently studying digital marketing at ASU. What drew you to that field?

I am heading into my junior year at the Arizona State University and I am also a member of Barrett the Honors College. I was inspired to learn more about digital marketing because it is very relevant to our society and I love marketing. The Miss America Opportunity has taught me how to market myself and our program as a brand ambassador, this is valuable and I am ready to apply this to my future career.


What is your personal fitness routine?

The Miss Arizona Organization has an amazing fitness sponsor, Scott’s Training Systems. He has helped me create a nutrition plan and provides me with multiple personal training sessions throughout the week. I am beyond grateful for his mentorship and helping me look and feel my personal best!


If you could be a Disney character for a week, who would you choose? Why?

I would be Snow White of course! I have such a love for animals and she does as well.


If you had an extra ticket to see the Red Sox play the Diamondbacks, who would you take with you? Why?

My family and I are huge fans of the Diamondbacks so this would be a tough choice. I would probably bring my Dad because he always supports me at my competitions and he absolutely loves sports. 


Is there a feature or activity during a baseball game that you’d especially like to experience?

Every time I am at a sporting event I love to watch the Jumbotron. I think it would be hilarious to see my face up on that screen!


---

That's definitely always my goal too!

As always, I want to thank Shailey for visiting with us, and for sending along the pictures to go with the interview.

I also want to wish her luck when she competes for Miss America! It would be fantastic to have another Section 36 Forever wear that crown.

I'm sure you'd like to follow along with Shailey during her journey. You should be sure to check out her title's Instagram account and website
They're great ways to keep track of everything she has going on, and you'll be sure not to miss anything. 

Thanks again Shailey! And, good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What people are reading this week