Friday, August 30, 2024

Kaylee Wolfensberger Visits Section 36!

Another visitor to Section 36! Kaylee Wolfensberger is passionate about the healing power of music, is dedicated to fitness, and is the current Miss Montana. I was thrilled she was willing to visit with us to discuss those topics, and a few more. 


So, let's see what happens when Kaylee Wolfensberger visits Section 36! 


How did you celebrate winning the Miss Montana crown? 
Right after winning I spent time taking pictures and talking with my biggest supporters, my family, friends, and of course my Miss Montana sisters. The moment was so surreal that I didn’t even notice I was one of the last people to leave the theatre! But, the biggest thing I did to celebrate was sleep! Competition week (and honestly the month before) is tiring, I needed a good night's sleep before I hit the ground running as Miss Montana. 


Is there a specific goal you’d like to accomplish during your time as Miss Montana? 

I want to give as many children as possible the opportunity to learn, play, or enjoy music. Music has helped me grow, opened doors for my success, and been a healer in my life. I believe every child deserves that opportunity, and I hope I can be the person who gives them that. 


What did you learn about yourself at the Miss Montana competition that will help you at Miss America? 
I learned that just because I am a younger contestant, does not mean that I am not capable! I am on the younger side of the Miss America age limit, and I struggled with feeling that I have done enough and learned enough to step into this role. Now I know that it doesn’t matter my age, but rather my passion for this program, bringing music to the underfunded, and my determination to take the Miss Montana Organization to new heights. 


How did you select your community service initiative, “Healing Harmonies”? 

At the age of 8 years old, I started learning the piano. And even though I didn’t always enjoy practicing or performing, music was always there for me. I hit some pretty big bumps in the road and I always fell back on music. When I couldn’t express with words how I felt, I was able to sit at the piano and let the notes speak for me. Children living in poverty are more likely to experience traumatic events than their wealthier peers and the effects trauma has on a child’s development can be catastrophic. Music can help regulate emotions and provide positive coping strategies for children. As someone who has experienced the healing benefits of music first hand, I knew I wanted to give children this opportunity as well.


What is your personal fitness routine? 

I am passionate about being physically active for at least 30 minutes each day, while fueling my body with the nutrients it needs to help me thrive. I have discovered that when I prioritize my physical health, I also feel mentally and emotionally balanced. 


If you could be a Disney character for a week, who would you choose? Why? 

I grew up on Disney! Every weekend growing up, me and my Dad would watch a Disney movie, so this is a difficult choice! I would have to say Koda from Brother Bear. I’m known to be quite chatty and a singer around the house (not a great one unfortunately). More than that, I like to think that I’m someone who can make a friend wherever I go, just like Koda. 


You are studying business marketing at Montana State University. Where do you see those studies taking you? 
I want to work in the NFL, specializing in athlete representation and promotion. I grew up with two brothers who loved/played football, so as the only girl, I either learned to love what they loved or I got left behind. I love football season and love MSU Bobcat football even more! I hope to turn my passion into a career! 


If you had an extra ticket to a Pioneer League baseball game, who would you take with you? Why? 
One of my best friends, Brooke! Brooke is a HUGE baseball fan and she even convinced me to take a summer job working at a Pioneer League’s stadium after we graduated high school. She can answer all my questions when I’m confused and she’s sure to hit the concession stand with me! 


Is there a feature or activity during a baseball game that you’d especially like to experience? 

I always liked the 7th inning stretch. Something about everyone standing up and singing “Take Me Out to the Ball Game” makes me feel that All-American spirit!


---

Agreed. That song is always a good time!

As always, I want to thank Kaylee for visiting with us, and for sending along the pictures to go with the interview.

I also want to wish her luck when she competes for Miss America! It would be amazing to have another Section 36 Forever wear that crown.

I'm sure you'd like to follow along with Kaylee during her journey. You should be sure to check out her title's Instagram account and website
They're great ways to keep track of everything she has going on, and you'll be sure not to miss anything. 

Thanks again Kaylee! And, good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What people are reading this week