Sunday, July 23, 2023

2023 Topps Series Two Blaster!

I'd say it's time for a quick Bowman break, wouldn't you? Let's go back to flagship and see how series two checks out. We've seen series one before, so this will be the same look. I wonder who we'll get. 

How did this box go? Let's find out!


Do they have to put a Yankee on the box?


And all the packs too? Gag me with a spoon.


Nice Yoshida rookie here. Even if it's part of that abomination of an insert set "Stars of MLB". It's bad enough that the set has no theme or imagination. But, even as a Red Sox fan, I have trouble calling Yoshida a "star". Yet, of course. 


Now here's an actual star, and a way to make the stars still something interesting. With so much history, I don't mind if every insert in flagship is a throwback of some kind. As long as they mis up the throwbacks a bit.


Because, this is ridiculous. In what planet is Casas a "star"? At least for the rookies, can the add "future" in there somewhere? Otherwise it's just a bit pathetic.

And there you have it. All three Red Sox cards are inserts. But, two of them a rookies of future Red Sox stars. So, I guess that's a pretty good haul.

How did your blasters go?

1 comment:

  1. Topps did well recreating the 1988 All-Star design. I like it!

    ReplyDelete

What people are reading this week