Sunday, July 16, 2023

2022 Topps Fire Blaster!

Wait. This isn't Bowman. Am I even allowed to open any of this? It seemed like a good time to inject a little variety, and in this case that meant some 2022 Topps Fire. Going back to normal with just a blaster this time. Yeah, it's a leftover from 2022 of a product I always think I like more than I do. I always thing it's a premium product...but it's not really is it. But, it's fun and different, so well worth the time. How did this one go?

Let's see!


The box, with that Ohtani guy. He's a pretty good player. People should consider using him for some promotions.


Like, using him on all your packs.


He's a nice David Ortiz. Very very very busy design. Added to all the shadows in Papi's jersey, and the thing is a bit of a mess. I'm not sure I need another set giving me cards of players who retired years ago. Doesn't archives already do that much better?


Another former Red Sox...although he was current in 2022 so I guess that's OK. Do the Padres regret signing him yet? Does he regret signing with a team currently 5 games behind the Red Sox? Likely answers: Yes, and yes.

And there you have it. Two Red Sox cards in the box, creating a fun trip down memory lane. 

How did your box go?

No comments:

Post a Comment

What people are reading this week