Tuesday, January 21, 2020

Happy Twelfth Anniversary To Me!

I know that I hardly ever remember to post on my blog's Anniversary. I don't know what it is, but with all the
excitement of the new year, it always slips my mind. But this year I did remember. So, here’s to 12 years writing this blog! 

It all started with this very first post.

It's always so amazing to look back at that and think about how it all started. What was I getting myself into? Clearly I had no idea. 

It's nice to see that I've stayed pretty true to those first goals. I don't do true game recaps. I leave those to others who can do it better. Really, I don’t do much breaking news, if any. That constant motion of a story doesn’t particularly work for me. I only brings my thoughts and views on various topics whenever I get the chance.

And look at little old innocent me asking readers to send in pictures. How cute. Of course, I never imagined that people would actually do it. I certainly never dreamed they be sending in pics wearing my gear!

It's also amazing to think how much the blog has grown since then. It's added a Twitter account. And Facebook. Instagram. Even Snapchat.

But, that's not all.

It has expanded (ever so slightly) to other sports as well, with separate blogs about the Bruins, Celtics, and Patriots. It makes Section 36 a presence in all of Boston sports. There's even a blog, Twitter, and Facebook that groups all those together.

But that’s still not all. 

Anyone who's paying attention knows that Section 36 has enjoyed posting interviews. Those have been with people including player wives and NE Patriots Cheerleaders. By far, however, the largest group is with pageant titleholders. I have had the privilege of conducting interviews and talking baseball with more than 100 titleholders, covering nineteen (so far) states. Most from within the Miss America Organization, but a couple Miss USA and Miss Earth contestants have been featured. I never dreamed that would happen, and couldn't be more excited about it. With so many visitors,  the pageantry focus has expanded to have a blog, Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook account of their own.

And even that’s not all. 

If pageants were a surprising development, Music was shocking. Another “accidental” expansion. A few of the titleholders interviewed here also happened to be musicians. As a way to provide more publicity for them, Section 36 Music was born. Boy has that latest addition to the Section 36 Suite blown up. It has taken on a life of its own, interviewing and promoting local female artists from the New England area. It has been so much fun interacting with these talented women, having interviewed more than ten of them. Eight in the last two months. I love using the power of Section 36 to shine I light on these deserving women. Of course, there's also a music twitter, instagram, and facebook.

The blog has discussed Red Sox cards as well. Which is why there's a whole "cardboard" section on the blogroll showing off all the wonderful card bloggers out there. That wasn’t exactly a goal when this started, but I’m glad it came along. I have really enjoyed all the blogger interaction with all the other card collectors.

But the focus has always (hopefully) remained on the Red Sox. I can't wait to see where their 2020 season leads me. And I can't wait to see how many of you follow me along the way.

For all of you who have played a part in the first twelve years of this blog, I thank you. I couldn't have done it without you.

Here's to the next twelve!

2 comments:

What people are reading this week