Thursday, January 2, 2020

1975 Topps Page by Page: Page 6 (46-54)

I'm sure that you all remember that I finally completed my 1975 Topps set. 


Now that it's done I thought it would be fun to look through the set and talk about it. Going page by page seemed like a good way to go about it. Hopefully you find it interesting to read what I have to say.


How about we continue with page 6?




Red Sox Cards on the Page: 0. There will be another Red Sox card showing up at some point, right? 


Cards that make the 1975 Topps set cool: I couple stood out. The Phillies team card is one. It's pretty cool that the set is old enough to have those. And, what about the Tommy John? An actual card of the surgery guy? That's definitely cool.


My favorite card on the page: Easy call. The one right there in the middle. A Brooks Robinson card from his playing days? Fantastic. One with that great "star" in the corner? Another degree better! Vintage hall of Famers will always be one of the best things about this set.


What would your answers to those last two categories be?

2 comments:

  1. Brooks Robinson's card is the obvious pick for coolest and favorite. That narrow brim on his helmet looked odd even in 1975 and it's the first All-Star card that's not that weird Aaron record-breaker thing at the start of the set.

    The Soderholm card makes the page cool just because I salvaged the pieces of that card from my friend's toy chest in 1975. It was ripped up and I taped it back together. It looked awful.

    Also: I just learned how to pronounce Dave Giusti's name last night. Took long enough! It's "Just-ee"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm just now noticing that the narrow visor on Brooks isn't a result of a funny angle on the card. Had no idea he did that. Oh, the beauty of the 1975 set.

      Delete

What people are reading this week