Thursday, October 3, 2019

2019 Donruss Blaster

Yup. Another blaster I should have posted long ago, just after it came lout. I'm sure you've all seen as much of this product as you'd care to see at this point. You certainly don't want another post about someone opening a box.

But, you're getting one.


After all, I have not shared my experiences or opinions with the product. So, you'll have to just suffer through while I open this box.



Ready? Let's go!


Nine packs, plus one super special extra pack! Let's start with that one, shall we?


Hey, it produced a Red Sox! (Oh, excuse me, a "Boston" baseball player!) Look how shiny! Not sure the card really does anything for me, though. I do like the mini portrait in the corner, but overall it just seems meh.


Here's a base card of World Series hero Manny Machado. I think the border designs crop off too much of the picture for my taste.


Pack two produced this base of Francisco Lindor.


The third pack was headlined by this 1985 Diamond Kinds styled Alex Bregman card. If you don't have a license, and you're going with a "painted" picture...couldn't you do a better job hiding the fact that you don't have a license? I mean, it's a painting you can do whatever you want. Why put that blank blue cap on his head?


Like this! The fourth pack featured this Mookie Betts. See how the glasses obscure the blank cap? Couldn't Bregman be wearing glasses too?


Another Red Sox Boston player! I do like how the border colors match the team colors. At least on the cards I've shown so far.


Look everyone, it's Showtime! Of course, this is one of those odd "nickname" parallels. How often does Ohtani go by "Showtime"?


This pack contained another World Series hero. Of course Walker Buehler is closer to being a hero than Manny was.


Boy, they're really lowered the bar on what is takes to be a "Diamond King".


Here's another fancy parallel of a young superstar. I'll take it. The theme especially works for a team called the Nationals...but you'd never know that by looking at this card.


This was the best card in the final pack. Yeah...went out with a bang there. It did give me a chance to show off the '85 design on a base card.

Which I actually enjoy. I said it about the Archives box too. I like it when flipping through cards isn't the same design over and over. I like subsets. I like different designs in the base sets. It adds a little variety to the experience, which is a good thing.

Have you opened any of this product?

How did your box go?

1 comment:

What people are reading this week