Sunday, January 25, 2015

From the Pedro Binder



2004 SP Authentic

I remember reading a book once about Disney World. It was a behind the scenes question and answer sort of thing. One of the questions was about a ride that had some numbers written on the wall at the end. The question was what those numbers stood for. The answer, was that they stood for nothing. They were just random numbers.

I was amazed.

Why would you put random numbers up on the wall? You're just going to select numbers with no thought to them/ No birthdays or graduation dates or street addresses? Not the number of Dwarfs or good fairies? Not the year Fantasia was released, or the number of fingers on Mickey Mouse's hand? Seriously? Where's the point in that?

Looking at this card brings back that memory for me. The card has a nice design. It's exactly what you'd expect from SP Authentic. It's clean, and modern. And, it had Pedro superimposed over a wonderful background of a baseball stadium. But...it's not Fenway Park!

Am I the only one who finds this odd? Why would you use a random stadium? Did they not have a picture of Fenway? Could then not get one pretty easily? Why would they not go through the trouble? Why would they not think of it?

Doesn't it just bug them?

Or, is it just me?

Because, the rest of the card, as I alluded to, really does work. I like the clean white. The graphics are crisp, without being distracting. The authentic logo is tucked away so that they real information is proudly presented front and center. But, then there's that stadium. I can't get past it.

It ruins the card for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What people are reading this week