Monday, August 23, 2010

Visitor's Views

It’s once again time to inject some opposing viewpoints into this blog. This is a slightly unique case. Not only are the Seattle Mariners visiting Fenway this evening, but the author of the fine Mariners blog Emerald City Diamond Gems is as well. What better person, then, to offer true visitor’s views? I asked him the same questions I asked all my visiting fans. I wonder how the answers compare. Here’s what he had to say:

When did you start blogging?I just started the blog back in late February, early March after reading many blogs for a long time. I decided to give myself a try at it.

What is the theme/goal of your blog?It is mostly Seattle Mariner based, but at times I will venture off to things that catch my interest. I hope to make friends and trade partners with fellow collectors.

Which member/group of the Mariners are you most confident in?
Really, right now there is not much of this team that I am very confident in. I would like to see how good Michael Saunders and Adam Moore can be, and September may bring us many kids with promising futures to watch. This team has fallen on hard times in the last 10 years.

Which member/group of the Mariners concerns you the most?
One of my biggest concerns is the bullpen. They cannot hold leads and can't close games out. The offense is not much better. Felix Hernandez should have a much better record this year, but you can't win when your team is consistently giving you no run support. I wish we would have been able to keep Cliff Lee, that guy is down right awesome.

Which member of the Red Sox scares you the most? (Yes, you have to pick one)One of the guys that scares me most is Dustin Pedroia. He knows how to do the little things that can help a team win. I also have a soft spot in my heart for David Ortiz. How can you not love Big Papi.

Which member of the Red Sox do you like the least?
I would have to say either John Lackey because we was an Angel before coming to Boston, or possibly Dice-K because he is so slow in keeping the game moving along.

What’s your prediction for the upcoming Red Sox/Mariners series?
I think the Sox will take two of three, possibly a sweep. I really hope the Mariners can win the first game on Monday, since my family will be at that game in Fenway for my son's birthday present.

What’s the first thing that comes to mind when I say the number “36”?
The first thing I think of is Gaylord Perry pitching for the M's and getting his 300th win in the Kingdome. I had just became a Mariners fan in 1981, and that was the first real big thing of fame the Mariners had had in their brief history.

I hope these questions offer some insight into the Visitor’s Section. Thanks again to Emerald City Diamond Gems for helping me out. I wish the Mariners luck the rest of the season.

Especially against Tampa.

2 comments:

  1. I'm hoping this drizzle will hpold off and we can get the game in tonight. I'm so looking forward to getting into Fenway Park and feel the history.

    ReplyDelete

What people are reading this week