Monday, September 26, 2022

2014 Topps Gold Jon Lester

September is Childhood Cancer Awareness month. As a nod to the Gold Together activities going on this month to help raise awareness of the leading cause of death by disease in children, I thought I'd contribute several "gold" themed posts sprinkled throughout the month. Here's the next one.

Let's talk about this card...



Look at all that gold! This card is either a fond reminder or a bitter pill. Personally, the 2013 series is the one with the strongest pull to me. Probably because I was able to attend the clinching game six. I also do not hold a grudge with the Sox for Lester not signing long term. So all I do is look at this card and think, "wow, that was a great game on the way to a memorable series win". Isn't that all you can ask for from a card?

---

If you are able this month, or any month, to support the Gold Together efforts, I highly recommend you consider a donation. You can follow the the link to the American Cancer Society here.

Support their efforts to be Gold Together!

1 comment:

  1. Regardless of how it ended, I have nothing but fond memories when I see a Jon Lester card!

    ReplyDelete

What people are reading this week