Tuesday, September 13, 2022

Madison Leslie Visits Section 36!

Section 36 had another visitor! 
Madison Leslie is passionate about empowerment, a huge Red Sox fan, and the current Miss Maine. I was thrilled that she was willing to visit with us to discuss those topics, and a few more. 

So, let's see what happens when Madison Leslie visits Section 36!

How did you celebrate winning the Miss Maine crown? 

I spent the night with all of my family and friends. They all came to support me during competition. Most of them are from out of state so they stayed at my house. My family and friends mean the most to me and being able to just sit in the same room as them fills my heart up. 

 

What is something that Mariah Larocque did as Miss Maine that you would like to emulate or expand upon?

Mariah is extremely passionate about this organization and her drive is something I admire. I have loved this organization from the second I stepped into it in 2016 and I hope to continue to use social media as our organization’s asset. I have already had young women reach out to me via Instagram and ask how they can get started in MAO. 

 

As a former Miss Maine’s Outstanding Teen, do you think that national competition experience will help you at Miss America?

Miss Maine’s Outstanding Teen really jump-started my journey into becoming a strong woman. As Miss America says: “Preparing great women for the world. Preparing the world for great women.” MAOT gave me the tools to learn more and grasp the idea that I could achieve whatever I put my mind it. Competing at MAOT was where I was able to test my public speaking skills and my confidence. I believe that this entire experience has prepared me for my year as Miss Maine and Miss America because I am aware of what the job entails. I have learned what best strategies fit how I want to approach my job this year. I also feel that it was a “practice” round for a lack of a better phrase for the big job. I am beyond blessed to have been able to have had that experience and use that passion I found and continue with the momentum to compete with my whole heart on the Miss America Stage.

 

How did you select your social impact initiative, “Shake Your Beauty”?

I made a post back in 2019… speaking about my physical insecurities and I was overwhelmed with the response of all the people who related.  Leaving high school I was consumed by the opinions of others and struggling with my mental health. I created “Time to Shake Your Beauty” to be an empowerment movement. To own your space! And claim your confidence! “Time to Shake Your Beauty” is not just my social impact initiative, it’s my purpose. I aspire to be an empowerment speaker and talk about the message of inner confidence, and positive self-talk. 

 

As a talented singer, what do you enjoy most about performing your talent on stage?

Music is where I really express myself. I am a very bubbly person, but I am not in my performances. I talk a lot about the importance of prioritizing your mental health, I have struggled with anxiety and depression. I find my outlet in my music. I am able to find comfort in lyrics and the passion of a performance. The talent piece of competition gives me the opportunity to show another side of myself and use my voice. 

 

You recently graduated from Franklin Pierce University. Where do you see your degree taking you?

I graduated with a B.A. in Communications, a focus in Journalism/Media Production, minor in Political Science, and a certificate in Gender and Leadership studies. I found a passion in branding, and I see myself using the skills I’ve learned with my degree to continue my social media work with more businesses and growing my own brand. I plan to use the skills that I have learned to improve my personal brand: “Sheismads” and “Time to Shake Your Beauty.” I love public speaking and I hope to use this passion with spreading the message of confidence to young people around the country, and the world! 

 

If you could be a Disney character for a week, who would you choose? Why?

CINDERELLA!! She has birds getting her ready in the morning. That seems so peaceful and a great addition to my morning routine! 

 

Which is your favorite place to watch the Red Sox…the AA team in Portland or the big club in Boston?

I am a HUGE sox fan. My dogs are Fenway and Papi. My family has a Red Sox room with all sorts of memorabilia. Hadlock Field is nostalgic for me because I grew up going to the games with my Dad. However, Fenway has the most contagious atmosphere that can’t be replicated. I love them both for different reasons. 

 

Is there a feature or activity at a baseball game that you’d especially like to experience?

It is a dream of mine to sing the National Anthem at the Red Sox. I also am a big Rafael Devers’ fan. I’ve been watching him since 2016 at the Portland Sea Dogs. I would love to meet him one day. Meeting him is on the top of my bucket list, for sure!


---

I think that's on a lot of bucket lists! I also really want a tour of that Red Sox room. 

As always, I want to thank Madison for visiting with us, and for sending along the pictures to go with the interview.

As Madison continues her time as Miss Maine, I encourage you to check out her title's Website and InstagramThey're great ways to keep track of everything she has going on! 

I also want to wish her the best of luck when she competes for the Miss America crown this winter. It would be wonderful to have another Section 36 visitor wear that crown!

Thanks again Madison, and good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What people are reading this week