Monday, January 4, 2021

2020 Topps Update Blaster!

It's time to open another blaster! Or, technically, it's time to tell you about another blaster I already opened! This time we'll go with 2020 Topps Update! I've always enjoyed these pacs with their mix of stare, rookies, and fun/different cards. How'd I do? Let's see!

Here are the highlights...


And, of course, "highlight" always means a look at unopened packs. Right?


Here's the odd medallion card. Well, I guess it's actually a collector's coin. If Topps is going to make up a card with something in it, I'd prefer a better theme than this.


A Red Sox card! One of the best part of Topps Update for me is the cards of players from that year's All-Star game. It's a fun way to add content to a set that would otherwise be full of people you didn't care about...yet. Of course, this year there wasn't an All-Star game. So, Topps made the great choice to highlight players from years past. Like Sale here. 


Oh phew. I was afraid Jose Peraza wouldn't get a Red Sox card this year.


Another card celebrating All-Star games from previous years. In this case, it's the Home Run Derby from 1999. It's not a Red Sox player, obviously, but as someone who attended that derby McGwire's performance is always fun to remember. 


Hard to tell from the picture, but this is a super awesome gold version of Ryan Weber's card. A mega-hit if I've ever seen one.


Yeah. I could have done without this card. Even if it's a chance to get another Red Sox card of his.


Thankfully I also added the standard version of Ryan Weber. I hate it when you have the parallel but not the base.

So, there you have it. A nice selection of Sox cards, actually, and one Fenway card. I'd call this box a success.

How did you box go?

2 comments:

  1. I think Update is the only baseball I've seen at my Target. Haven't picked any up though. I might grab a box if they go on sale or something... just to get my fix.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How do you choose the best choose the best product among the ones listed here?
    Best Offset Smokers

    ReplyDelete

What people are reading this week